Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When will the first lynch happen in All-Star II?
Friday 10 43.48%
Today 6 26.09%
Sat/Sun 1 4.35%
Monday 1 4.35%
Tuesday or Later 1 4.35%
Never 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Default 88 reraised pot

villian is fakesky on ftp
25-50 are the blinds
red 88 is the hand

its early in the match so we havent tangled too much yet except for one hand he won earlier where he bet/called all in w. red 77 on 6 high monotone flop vs my KQ(q hi flush draw) and held.

ive played him a lot on PS HU sngs and hes decent taggy capable of moves now and then and usually pretty passive preflop but shows decent pressure postflop in position.

he raises to 150, i make it 550 he calls

J 6 4 three [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s
I cbet 500, he raises to 1400

5k effective stacks. he views me as laggy in position and tag OOP. im sure he assumes i am capable of cbetting anything i reraised with which, as i said, is a pretty tight range but def includes whiffed overcards, underpairs, etc type hands that i may bet/fold with so he is prob capable of raising flop with a semiwide range as well. not sure about him but i have seen some agro monkeys make this play and fold to a shove HU in some weird looking flops.

with that said I figure I can have the best hand here a decent % so I don't think folding is best. question is who likes a shove and who prefers to see a turn?

if turn blanks do you prefer check and let him bet with plans of felting all in or should we just openjam turn?

if turn is diamond who and we check and he bets ~1/2 pot who thinks 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is good enough to felt and who thinks its easy c/f?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: 88 reraised pot

first person to vote said:
call, openshove, openshove.

care to explain your thoughts on openshoving a diamond turn? doesn't it seem that he folds almost any nonflush hand (occasioanl crying call from sets trying to pair board) and never folds better? it's a pretty close call whether or not he calls with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]-7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but I think he's capable of folding most of those
Old 06-03-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villian is fakesky on ftp
25-50 are the blinds
red 88 is the hand
he raises to 150, i make it 550 he calls

J 6 4 three [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s
I cbet 500, he raises to 1400

5k effective stacks. he views me as laggy in position and tag OOP. im sure he assumes i am capable of cbetting anything i reraised with which, as i said, is a pretty tight range but def includes whiffed overcards, underpairs, etc type hands that i may bet/fold with so he is prob capable of raising flop with a semiwide range as well. not sure about him but i have seen some agro monkeys make this play and fold to a shove HU in some weird looking flops.

with that said I figure I can have the best hand here a decent % so I don't think folding is best. question is who likes a shove and who prefers to see a turn?

if turn blanks do you prefer check and let him bet with plans of felting all in or should we just openjam turn?

if turn is diamond who and we check and he bets ~1/2 pot who thinks 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is good enough to felt and who thinks its easy c/f?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-04-2007, 02:56 AM

bump, more voting plesae
Old 06-04-2007, 03:10 AM

I'm gonna start by stating the obvious. It's heads up and three cards to a flush drop. All scare cards, and you C-Bet. Hu it is standard (soemtimes) to raise that C-bet on scare cards that missed you. Cold calling here should freeze him up unless you have him. The flop call is emminent, and if it turns a diamond, idk flip a coin. :-D
Old 06-04-2007, 03:11 AM

that doesnt answer the question of what to do if you check and he bets on a blank turn
Old 06-04-2007, 10:30 AM

push the flop. then you dont have that question.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:35 PM

I'd rather get it in on the flop here. You will often have either the best hand or the best draw if you are called and you definitely have FE against better hands at this point. If you flat call the flop, the pot gets bloated and you're each left with about 1 PSB each, so there isn't much wiggle room there.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:27 PM

Why did you c bet so small? was it to induce a raise or keep the pot small? I think you should c-bet a little more and then your decision becomes easier. Once I cbet here, I would prob fold, as weird as it sounds.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky