Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 05:44 AM

Default What to do about a crappy dealer...

Just wondering what people would do in this situation:

I was playing 4/8 LHE at Lucky Derby in Sacramento yesterday and one of the dealers was just incredibly terrible. He misdealt about 4 times during his turn at the table, got distracted numerous times which held up the game (like he didn't realize betting was done so it took forever for the next card to come). It got ridiculous. The guy is a dealer I've had plenty of times in the past, and never had problems with, but he was just totally out of it this time. Really aggravating because the game had been pretty fun and wild and his slow dealing and mistakes pretty much killed the mood of the table (action died down quite a bit).

Anything that can be done about this? I play there a decent amount now, but haven't become real friendly with the dealer's yet, so I didn't feel like I could say something to him without coming off as an [censored]. Do you just deal with it and wait for the next dealer? What about if it becomes a regular thing with a specific dealer? Complain to the floor manager privately?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Re: What to do about a crappy dealer...

Talk to the floor away from the game and explain your concerns. It's their job to train their dealers, not the player's.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you just deal with it and wait for the next dealer?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like he was having a bad day, which we all do sometimes. You could just deal with it, especially if it's out of the ordinary for this dealer. Or take a walk for a little while, get a burger and clear your head, etc. until his down is over. Having a chat with the floor is a good idea too.

[ QUOTE ]
What about if it becomes a regular thing with a specific dealer? Complain to the floor manager privately?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes - especially if it's a becomes a regular thing.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:55 AM

Anybody can have a bad day. I'd not want to be responsible for a dealer getting written up and maybe losing his job just for that. If, however, it becomes a regular thing talking to a floorman is a good idea. You are a paying customer and deserve good service.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He misdealt about 4 times during his turn at the table

[/ QUOTE ] If you think that's bad, I have stories to tell you. I've had dealers who would misdeal 4 times each deal!

And no, I'm not making this up.