Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 10:51 PM

Default NL20 6m - AQo, lost a buy-in but don\'t feel bad about it, should I?

Villain is 33/7/0.5(Total agression postfop, is that what the last number usually means when people post it like this?) over 350 hands, has folded 73% to cbet on flop.

I sometimes just limp in these situations preflop but to mix it up a little I raised here. Looking at villains fold to cbet stats the cbet came naturally. Turn gives me dubble gutshot straight-draw so I bet so as to give myself the right odds if he called. I also put him on something like TPTK at this point so maybe my Q outs still were good. River came with with my card, figured he might call me with a worse pair so I value bet it. He raised me for the rest of his stack.. no way to fold here given the pot-odds, right?

Please point out any faults in my logic, thank you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.20
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $8.31
UTG+1: $22.25
CO: $17.55
Button: $27.73
SB: $27.10
hero: $28.66

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.8</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $2.2</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, SB folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($5.6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $4</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($13.6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $4</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($21.6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $11.85</font>, hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $45.3
Old 08-21-2006, 11:03 PM

Default Re: NL20 6m - AQo, lost a buy-in but don\'t feel bad about it, should I

He called a good bet on the flop. The jig is up. I don't like the turn bet. Is it supposed to be a bet? Either bet or check, but checking looks good. AK?

Given Villian's stats, he's not calling the PFR with a top pair hand. And looking at his agression, he's got us every day of the week on the river. We blocked the river, and he raised. What hands do we beat? Fold.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
over 350 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, someone finally has enough hands to make the total aggression number somewhat meaningful. Thank you!

Now.. if he doesn't continue post the flop with air, you need to give him credit for something on a dry board like this. Thus the turn bet is spew.

Even if it wasn't this particular player and you thought you could make him fold, the size of the bet is to small it makes no sense. Put him all in and be done with it.

As played, there isn't anything you can do on the river. Value bet here makes no sense, but if it did, again, you should just put him all in.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:40 PM

wrong guy to fire 2 barrels into.

turn bet size is disgusting.