Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 AM

Default What should I do with 500$ free seat?

I play in a Free Poker league in my town. I happened to come in 3rd place and get a 500$ tournament choice. I feel I am a good player I just dont have the bank roll some do. Here are my two options that I came up with that work best for me.

Borgata Summer Open

EVENT #1
No-Limit Hold'Em, $500 Buy-In + $60 Entry 45 min blinds

OR

EVENT #12 WSOP SUPER SATELLITE
No-Limit Hold'Em, $500 Buy-In + $60 Entry 30 Minute blinds one seat package for every 30 players. What do you think a turn out for something like this would be?

I am confident in my playing and skill I feel is not an issue just was wondering what street some of you would choose with a similar option.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Re: What should I do with 500$ free seat?

I honestly after reading the title thought the choices were play the tourney or sell the seat.

I would forget the satellite. You need to come in the top 3.33% just to win a seat to the next tourney. I have no idea what the turnout might be, but it doesn't seem worth it to me especially if the money is significant to you.

If you aren't selling the seat just play the tourney you have the buy-in for and hopefully win. Perhaps also look into selling a piece of yourself in it.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:31 PM

No I cannot sell the seat unfortunately I have to use it for any 500$ buy in tourney I can find, you bring a good point about the Satellite, maybe I will just do event number 1. Thanks for your insight.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:11 PM

Go for the normal tourney and not a satellite. If you don't have a lot of live experience then trying to win another tourney to win your seat in the WSOP isn't the best move. Concentrate on the 1st tourney and hopefully cash.