Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 08:54 PM

Default When to squeeze play

At which situations should I try the squeeze play?
With which hands?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: When to squeeze play

Poker is full of decisions which are highly dependent upon the specific situations. Blanket statements with regards to the correct plays generally do not apply. Narrow your question down; perhaps describe a situation and ask if its a good time for a squeeze play. Read HoH.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 PM

Lets say I hold 1010
Im BB, button raises 4bb, sb calls...

should i squeeze here?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM

Assuming Button is not super-tight, yea this is a good spot to re-raise, just based on the strength of your hand.

Here's an example of squeezing vs. calling.

6 handed NLHE. Player in the cut-off, who steals at every opportunity, raises 3-4x. A decent, tight player cold-calls on the Button, as does the SB. You are in the BB.

1. You have 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. You should probably just call, because while you might take it down with a big reraise, there's a ton of value in flopping a set in a 4-way pot.

2. You have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Calling will not show a profit, because your hand is too weak. I would consider raising a little over the size of the pot here, and expecting to take it down very often. CO's range is huge, because he's on a steal. If the other two players had a hand that could call your huge raise, they would have certainly re-raised PF. And even if you get called, your hand still has a little potential to hit something on the flop.