Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 04:01 PM

Default PokerSourceOnline or RaketheRake?

Both offer max rakeback & the same 100% bonus up to $600... so my question is, which is preferred among 2+2 regs?
All opinions welcome! If you've used one of both, what did you like about it and what were some drawbacks. Any notable delays in payment by either of this?

Much thanks!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: PokerSourceOnline or RaketheRake?

I use RaketheRake and it's been great so far. Granted, I don't have anything to compare it to, because this is the only rakeback site I've ever used.

The biggest thing I like about RTR is that they have a tracking site I can login to that allows me to look at the last totals for my rake. FTP sends them an update or they get an update every day or so. I use pokeroffice and they don't have a rakeback column in right now, so this is something I really enjoy. (sidenote: the totals aren't updated on the weekends, just monday-friday)

On the tracking site they also have archives and it shows my totals for past months.

As far as payments go, I've had my rake deposited in to my FTP around the 10th of the month and as far as I know experienced no delays and it was worry free.

If this is something that all rake sites have then excuse my ignorance haha =)

-Fielding
Old 11-06-2007, 09:40 PM

I've used RTR for years. Never a problem, friendly service. All things being equal I recommend RTR
Old 11-06-2007, 10:05 PM

Anyone else used PokerSourceOnline??? Right now they have an added bonus of receiving a free gift+the normal rakeback (free gift is something like 3 poker books/points towards site store/years membership to stox)

Any opinion of the other side?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:08 PM

I can't speak to their rakeback program. I did many of the gift offers from their site when I was obsessed with getting poker chips - very professional and easy to deal with on that side of things.

There is a PSO forum, you should check the forum to see if there are any complaints or payout issues. There should be a section dedicated to rakeback. Gift inquiries were typically responded to within 24 hours.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else used PokerSourceOnline??? Right now they have an added bonus of receiving a free gift+the normal rakeback (free gift is something like 3 poker books/points towards site store/years membership to stox)

Any opinion of the other side?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used both and both are a good choice IMO. I'd go with whoever gives the best deal. RTR sometimes give private freeroles and PSO gives free gifts.

I've personally used RTR for rakeback and PSO for free gifts from sites that don't allow rakeback.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:36 AM

Thanks everyone!

Excellent advice kimchi, a very good idea!
My very last question for right now (ha) is if I already have an account with Pstars and I wish to sign up with PSO to receive points towards their store, is this possible? Or impossible b/c I already have a PStars account?