Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 09:35 PM

Default a8 big blind and some other hands versus donk

abs 3/6 v. 'checkgood' (62/9/.7)

notes: bet bp to riv gave up; c/c f & t w/ tp; fl call w/nothing, didnt bluff riv; c/c fl tp;

he open completes. i raise in bb w/ a8o. flop is 984r. he check/calls. turn is a 3, and he checks and raises. would it be horrible to not call down here? just tired of getting pounded by donks...

hand 2:
next orbit- he open completes again. i have 92o and flop comes 972r. he bets. what street is best to raise?

hand 3: checkgood calls in c/o, and i raise black tens on button. flop is 569r. he bets, i raise. turn is 7c, and he checks. do i have to bet?

hand 4: okay, last one. tag who i thought was solid opens on button. his stats over 150 hands are 24/18/3. donk calls, and i call w/ q7. flop is 3k10 of diamonds (i have the queen). donk checks, and i donk (nice sentence!). normally i play my draws fairly passively, but for some reason i felt like donking here to get hu w/ checkgood. is this line bad? what should my plan be on the flop? anyway, tag raises, and we both call...

turn is an offsuit 9, and it gets checked around. river is j of diamonds. donk checks, and i check w/ the intention of calling. is this way too passive?

well, if you got this far, you are a hulk. peace.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:41 PM

Default Re: a8 big blind and some other hands versus donk

1. according to your notes it would seem that the A8o on 9843 is a fold.

2. i would raise the turn in the 972r hand with 92.

3. yes.

4. why did you call Q7o preflop? anyway, the flop donkbet is fine occassionally in my opinion. the river is probably a bet/fold to be honest, but that's a hard fold to make. i just cant see him having and raising anything but the Ad. if you check, i think he can only bet when you're behind.. unless he has 99/88 w/ the diamond. maybe he bets a straight too but i cant see him having one often at all really.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:59 PM

I've got nothing to add to this ^^^^
Old 07-16-2006, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. according to your notes it would seem that the A8o on 9843 is a fold.

2. i would raise the turn in the 972r hand with 92.

3. yes.

4. why did you call Q7o preflop? anyway, the flop donkbet is fine occassionally in my opinion. the river is probably a bet/fold to be honest, but that's a hard fold to make. i just cant see him having and raising anything but the Ad. if you check, i think he can only bet when you're behind.. unless he has 99/88 w/ the diamond. maybe he bets a straight too but i cant see him having one often at all really.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the input.

**i defended w/ q7o b/c i defend my bb often. more specifically, i recently read on stoxtrader's site how you should defend w/ q6o, but not k2! perhaps this is a bit ambitious? ...as for the riv, why do you like bet/folding better than c/calling? is c/c horrible - hoping for an overcall (and likely investing only one bet)?

**in hand 3, if you bet turn, what do you do if checkraised? i think you have to call down. so why not just check and let villain bet his mp on riv? in other words, how do you know that giving a free card here is worse than allowing a c'r?
Old 07-16-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got nothing to add to this ^^^^

[/ QUOTE ]

lol