Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Official KEM replacement exchange marketplace post

After seeing yet another "replacement KEM cards?" post, I'd like to propose an idea I've been tossing around.

Since there is no replacement card policy any more, with USPC making KEMs now, why don't we create our own 2+2 exchange?

Interested parties should post to this thread the cards that they are looking to acquire, along with the cards that they are willing to exchange. Responders can make an arrangement and handle it privately.
This way, replacement cards will only cost 37 cents (in the US, anyway) along with a card you aren't using anyway and you will be able to use your preferred decks again.

If you aren't looking for any cards yourself (and don't want to get a random extra card), maybe financial exchanges could be involved. I don't like this idea as much, but it's a free market.

This could work for any types of cards, though others such as the Copaqs might have vendors who will replace them if you'd prefer.

The only rule I can think of is, if you renege on a deal or steal someone's card, you'd better leave the boards. We all promise to harass you right off of them otherwise.

Anyone else like this idea? I'd start this off, but I'm not where I can get to my damaged decks to give my list.

What does Home Poker think? Can we make this work?
Old 07-07-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Official KEM replacement exchange marketplace post

i am in. i am looking for the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from my deck. i would just have to pay a couple bucks for it becuase i dont have any others to trade. is there a way to post a pic of the card back on here?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:13 PM

" i would just have to pay a couple bucks for it becuase i dont have any others to trade. "

This is why I wouldn't want a financial process to become too common, because I wouldn't want you overpaying for one single card. We should be helping each other out, not selling cards at a profit.
But, it may be worth it to you rather than buying a new deck. I'd hate to establish a market price for cards at a few dollars per, myself.

" is there a way to post a pic of the card back on here? "

I don't know how to post pictures. Do you have the card that gives the KEM deck name on it, like "Arrow Bridge" and you could give a color description?
Maybe find the deck online and post a link to it, that's easy enough.

In fact, let's make that the standard post format:
Cards you're looking for
Exact brand and card type/model, along with color descriptions and such
Link to an online picture if possible, to prevent mistakes.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:59 PM

here is a link to my deck. KEM Cards

i am missing the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from the brown deck on the right. mine didnt actually come in that same box but they appear to the be the same cards. also, mine are the small sized cards (cant ever remember if that is bridge or poker sized).
Old 07-07-2005, 03:11 PM

Just measure them. Bridge sized cards are 2.25'' wide and poker sized cards are 2.5'' wide.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:31 PM

I need the following -
Red Deck- A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blue Deck- 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

These are from the Paisely Bridge side deck. Barring anyone having all of these, I may be willing to break these two decks to help others, meaning every other card not listed I have available.

Cookieb

Link to picture

http://www.kem.com/paisley.html
Old 07-07-2005, 05:53 PM

I'll have to check, but I may be able to help you out. Are those the only two decks that you have? If so, an exchange would probably be out, so we'd have to come up with something else (how about 5 cards for your copy of Getting Started in Holdem? :P )

I'll try to post when I get home, after checking my bad decks.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:44 PM

Sorry, no go- those aren't my bad decks. I'll post later what I do have available and am looking for.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:10 AM

I have an extra 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], brown deck.

I am in need of 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], also the brown deck.

Also, if anyone needs, I have an entire green deck that is off center, although the cards themselves are in good shape. I guess they can be used as spares also. I misplaced the box, so I just have to go look for it.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:04 PM

is it this brown deck?

if so, let me know if you cant get the replacements and decide to break up the deck. i will pay you a couple bucks for the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from that set on the right.