Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Buffalo Hitting Brady when he was down

I won't even say the word what these guys are because I want to stay on this site but did anyone see that? Brady is laying on the ground on 3rd down and would have to kick a FG and 3 Buffalo guys run up and jump on him for the personal foul. If I was the coach those guys would never play again.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Buffalo Hitting Brady when he was down

Also, I have the Patiots, but it annoys me when people are so DUMB
Old 10-22-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't even say the word what these guys are because I want to stay on this site but did anyone see that? Brady is laying on the ground on 3rd down and would have to kick a FG and 3 Buffalo guys run up and jump on him for the personal foul. If I was the coach those guys would never play again.

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't seen the play..... but doesn't the fact three guys jumped on him suggest it was some sort of misunderstanding (or 3 guys went crazed at exact same time?)

reminds me of clemson-FSU a number of years back (dantlzer sp? was clemson QB). clemson hadn't beaten FSU forever... clemson stops FSU on 4th down to win the game and then 3 seconds later some clemson DB crashes into the FSU receiver with a cheap shot. first down FSU, and the rest was history.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:07 PM

What's funny is that the DE Kelsay got into the backfield on Dillon's 1st TD and whiffed like a little girl.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:29 PM

The play wasn't that bad. As a defender, you don't expect a scrambling QB to just sit down all of a sudden. After chasing the guy at full speed, it's hard to react to that situation, and just lightly touch him. Sometimes football instincts take over (and they weren't rough, they just jumped on him). A few years ago, that's not even close to a penalty.

And I'm a huge Pats fan.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:41 PM

I completely agree with the OP. There is no excuse for such a stupid play. When the opposing QB sits down, it doesn't matter what you expect. It wasn't a close play where they may not have had time to adjust. It was just a stupid play. Thanks Buffalo.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I completely agree with the OP. There is no excuse for such a stupid play. When the opposing QB sits down, it doesn't matter what you expect. It wasn't a close play where they may not have had time to adjust. It was just a stupid play. Thanks Buffalo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it was stupid, and the penalty was justified. It just wasn't as egregious as the OP made it sound. I get the feeling Brady might have even realized that was his best chance at getting the first down, and done it deliberately (because he could have just thrown the ball away, and avoided the sack). Smart play by him.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:04 PM

i agree with legend.

OP saying these guys should never play again? you sound more upset about the hit than i bet brady himself does.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with legend.

OP saying these guys should never play again? you sound more upset about the hit than i bet brady himself does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to flame OP, but after further review I think he was saying it was more of a stupid play than a dirty one...at least that's what I hope.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:19 PM

i read it the same way -- not so much a dirty play as a stupid one.