Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 PM

Default 6 max PAHUD advice for newb to the software please

I would like some advice from 6 max multi tablers on PAHUD usage. I am starting at $25NL I am grinding my way up to $200. I'm sticking with $25 until I become adjusted to using this software and am as comfortable with the stats as I am with cards in my hand.

Right now, I have 4 stats displayed on my hud. VPIP, total aggression factor, fold % to cbet, and total # hands. I'm only working with 4 right now because the stats are still awkward to work with and I'm just getting my feet wet.

I'd like advice on what other stats I will need to be looking at when I move up. I smash this level without PT+hud, so it's hard to determine what information is actually useful other then basic info that I should feel in a regular game.

Er, the questions.

If you had just installed PAHUD and were adjusting to the software and easing into it like I am, what stats would you add after these 4 to your HUD?

What order would you add them?

Why do you suggest adding them?

If you took the time to read this or reply thank you.
Twist
Old 04-19-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: 6 max PAHUD advice for newb to the software please

I would certainly not add any more until you really known how to use them. You only want to use them to make your mind up in marginal decisions. If you are beating the game fine without, then don't add more than you already have until you are happy experimenting with it yourself.

I also add CB, FCB, WSD, W$SD. Although I tend to not use them very much at all.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:27 PM

As far as microstakes go I wouldn't add any more stats yet. Since the players aren't making consitent plays so much it'd just be more confusing to keep tabs on them.

The only stats I use are vpip/pfr/agression/#hands - these stats give you a good idea of your opponents range without too much extra information.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would certainly not add any more until you really known how to use them. You only want to use them to make your mind up in marginal decisions. If you are beating the game fine without, then don't add more than you already have until you are happy experimenting with it yourself.

I also add CB, FCB, WSD, W$SD. Although I tend to not use them very much at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to add Total AF as well
Old 04-19-2007, 01:30 PM

I do, I misread OP and assumed he had it in. Total AF is crucial,although above the micros I use AF per street instead.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:34 PM

VP$IP/Preflop Raise/Total Aggression Postflop/Total Hands
Old 04-19-2007, 01:50 PM

I think agression by street is important. Obviously only add it as you get more comfortable, but occasionally it is very useful for weeding out total maniacs versus heavy 1 - barrel bettors.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:03 PM

Don't forget that you can always click on the player's name and view all of his stats when you're stuck with a tuff decision. Other then the basics (VP/pfr/af/# of hands) I have fold to cb, cbets flop, att to steal blinds, and went to show down. I was shocked how fast it took me to adjust to all these stats on the screen. Whatever you do, just put some time and effort into the layout and make sure its as neat and organized as possible.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:03 PM

My advice is to use as few stats as you can. VPIP/PFR/AF/hands is enough to get an overview of the player. Then pick up the rest yourself and make notes. It's much better to try to understand how they think/feel than how often they bet the turn for example.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:11 PM

I want to add fold to c-bet, cbet, win at sd, need a huge sample size to have any significance. It's unlike vpip and pfr where it happens every hand. fcb happens probably one in twenty hands. So you need a sample size of at least 400 to have any meaning to it.

Payday, nice post.
Closed Thread