Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Weekday nights in Chicagoland/NW Indiana

Coming back home and planning to spend some time in the swanky poker rooms at Majestic Star and Resorts. Will be playing on weeknights in those places (usually from 8p to 4a).

Wanted to know how the play was there. Figuring that it's a weeknight, I don't expect loads upon loads of fish. I have been told that there aren't a lot of sharp players, so strong hands should get paid off.

What's 2p2's experience with these rooms? Anyone want to meet up there?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Weekday nights in Chicagoland/NW Indiana

majestic wont likely have any limit games above 3/6. Was there recently and they were running 3/6 and 4/8 with wait lst for 6/12.
I shouldve went to resorts - they have higher games, but the room rate at majestic is 44, thats tough to beat. I think it worth going to resorts for higher limit games. The games are donk town though at majestic. I havent play much no limit there though.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Weekday nights in Chicagoland/NW Indiana

Both 10-20 and 20-40 were good at Resorts last night (Tuesday). Only problem is it took about 3 hours to get on the one 20-40 game they were running. The game broke about 3:30 a.m. The 40 game was still going when I left as were 2 10-20 games.

Haven't been to Majestic Star II in a while, but the 3-6 game is super soft as is the NL action.