Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 05:25 PM

Default ***OFFICIAL Division 1AA Football Thread***

With their win over Maine today, I think UMass (9-1 only loss by 1 point to Navy) is just about guaranteed a spot in the tournament. With a win over (2-7) Hofstra next week I think they will get the number 2 seed.

I will be rooting for UMass to win their scond national championship. Anyone else follow a 1AA team?
Old 11-11-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL Division 1AA Football Thread***

I like App State, I went to school in western North Carolina for a couple years and spent some time in Boone. I know they have that huge rivalry game today with Western. If they win they will be 10-0 in D1-AA, only loss to NC State. I'm not sure what seed they will get, but I'd have to assume they will be a really tough team to play, especially because they want to defend their title.

BTW, I wish there were a D2 thread, but I'm sure I'm the only one that follows it, eh oh well.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else follow a 1AA team?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Ga Southern in 1AA and Valdosta St in DII just because lots of high school friends go to these schools, and we send a player there every so often. I don't really follow them outside of the tournaments though.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Valdosta St

[/ QUOTE ]

Them and Pittsburgh St are maybe two of the most funs teams to watch at any level of football. Both those schools love offense, they throw the ball sooo much. Not to mention they are both very good, I'm sure you knew that though as Valdosta beat Pittsburgh St in the National Title game 2 years ago.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:05 PM

Yeah, 2 years ago VSU won the national championship, GSU went to the playoffs, UGA was 10-2 with a bowl victory of Wisconsin, and GT finished another mediocre 7-5, but crushed Syracuse 51-14 in the Champs Sports Bowl.

That was a solid football year.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:11 PM

USD! only team w/ no scholarships in the top 25. qb is a [censored] stud and supposed to be a day 1 draft pick.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:12 PM

I'm a UMass alum, so I support them of course. It looks like Princeton, where I'm at now, will win the Ivy League, but the Ivies do not participate in the tournament. We still have a bonfire for beating Harvard and Yale though.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:18 PM

Appalachian State beat Western Carolina 31-9 to finish the regular season 10-1. They should be the number 1 seed in the tournament.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Appalachian State beat Western Carolina 31-9 to finish the regular season 10-1. They should be the number 1 seed in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should be, that 1 loss to NC State doesn't go against them right?
Old 11-12-2006, 01:33 AM

I am a student and die-hard fan at JMU (I'm also a very big fan of I-AA football in general - I had thought about making a thread for a while but wasn't sure there would be much interest). I'm also in the JMU band. I was at the Villanova game today. This is a huge upset... Nova beating JMU... very disappointing. No top seed for JMU anymore. They need to win next week to secure a spot in the playoffs, although they may still get in with a loss.

JMU has the potential, if they stay healthy and play together, to win another national championship this year. I was at the JMU/App State game earlier this year. JMU played like [censored] and still made it close. App State has its weaknesses. I have not been able to seen any Montana football... but I have seen some UMASS stuff. UMASS looks good, but again, they have weaknesses. The I-AA nat'l title is wide open.