Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Something disturbs my wireless network reciever, help!

In the past when I started up the computer my wireless network reciever started looking for signals immediately But lately it stalls for about a minute whenever I start my computer. This bugs me quite a lot since I start my computer so often. Today I saw this message when clicking on the wireless icon in the system tray:

"Another wireless network utility is communication with the Intel PRO/Wireless adapter. To avoid conflicts, Intel's profile management features have been temporarily disabled."

What is this other wireless network utility. Can you help me figure it out?

The software I am suspecting is:
WM Recorder 11 + Win PCAP
VMWare Workstation 6
Norton Ghost

I attempted to fix the problem by unchecking some boxes in "msconfig" but I wasn't successful. I also tried uninstalling the above mentioned applications, but maybe I wasn't attentive because I couldn't find any conclusive results. It seemed to me that sometimes the wireless reciever would start normally while sometimes it would stall. But I'm not really sure.

Help fromo you experts is very much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Something disturbs my wireless network reciever, help!

Did you recently update Windows? It sounds like Windows wireless zero configuration utility has turned itself on (or maybe you did accidentally) and is now conflicting with the Intel wireless management application.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Something disturbs my wireless network reciever, help!

[ QUOTE ]
Did you recently update Windows? It sounds like Windows wireless zero configuration utility has turned itself on (or maybe you did accidentally) and is now conflicting with the Intel wireless management application.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I disable the WWZCU? I found this guide on how to disable it http://paininthetech.com/disable_wir..._in_windows_xp