Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 01:01 AM

Default 80NL - I CANT CATCH A FREAKIN HAND!!

feelin a little like good old TFish at the table, ive been runnin card dry up to this point and basically just gettin run over. I finally pick up a decent hand and once again face some heat. Villian is 37/31/6.5 after about 75 hands up to this point seems pretty aggro and positionally aware for the most part. Has called my 3bet pf b4 OOP w/ small PPs. He also seems to call my cbets pretty lightly possibly sometimes to float. Stat wise my image at the table is about the same as villians.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.40/$0.80
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Button: $229.85
Hero: $160.95
BB: $169.20

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $2.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9.2</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($19.2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $32</font>, Hero ?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: 80NL - I CANT CATCH A FREAKIN HAND!!

call and c/r a non-club turn? If it comes clubs, you can either donk it or call down. I assume we have the best hand here considering his stats.

Crovax
Old 09-11-2007, 02:59 AM

Raise to 15 (at least to 12 especially since we're OOP) for a better pot/stack ratio on the flop than see how to get the rest of the chips in after hitting TPGK.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise to 15 (at least to 12 especially since we're OOP) for a better pot/stack ratio on the flop than see how to get the rest of the chips in after hitting TPGK.

[/ QUOTE ]

bump. im assuming you mean atleast 120??
Old 09-11-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bump. im assuming you mean atleast 120??

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he was talking about preflop . you should raise more that it is harder for villain to call b/c you make his odds to call worse.
i don´t understand why you arerunning 40/30 if you are card dead...
i´m stacking off here as villain sees hugely aggressive, but i´d also raise more pre that it´s even harder for him to cal you with pp.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:35 AM

Ok I misread thnx...it was short handed/HU so obv i see the BTN a lot more obv im gona be raising more so hince the stats. But I wasnt hittin post flop. And lol im lazy, seeing a lot of hands and action was quick so i just hit the pot BTN when i made the 3bets...but soon after this i started to 3bet slightly larger cause i felt they were callin the ps raise liberally.

But i ended up raising and villian folded...
Old 09-11-2007, 10:38 AM

I think you're ahead a good amount of the time, if not always. So the plan is to commit yourself to the hand. But how?

His EV decreases if he doesn't hit the flush on the turn if he has a flushdraw. But being this agressive he doesn't have to have a flushdraw here a lot of the times and he's going to bluff the flush a lot on the turn resulting in you having a really tough decision to make.

I like shoving right here.