Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 09:38 AM

Default party poker crashes

i'm pretty sure you guys will be more helpful than party poker's useless customer support so here goes

basically i used to play on party without any problems until an update earlier in the year. since then the program often freezes then crashes when i load a table, especially multiple ones. i've read about problems with pahud and so on so i've tried it while running no programs and the problem persists. reinstallations haven't worked either. my computer specs are very good and has more than enough memory to deal with the tables i'm trying to load.

there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, but in any case party is unplayable and has been for some time because of it. just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and resolved it somehow

thanks
Old 08-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: party poker crashes

[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure you guys will be more helpful than party poker's useless customer support so here goes

basically i used to play on party without any problems until an update earlier in the year. since then the program often freezes then crashes when i load a table, especially multiple ones. i've read about problems with pahud and so on so i've tried it while running no programs and the problem persists. reinstallations haven't worked either. my computer specs are very good and has more than enough memory to deal with the tables i'm trying to load.

there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, but in any case party is unplayable and has been for some time because of it. just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and resolved it somehow

[/ QUOTE ]
Try searching for posts posted (within the last 6 months) which match "+party +crash -re:" and you'll find many others are experiencing the same problem.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 AM

thanks, i'll take a look! if i knew how to actually get results with the search function, i would have done so. :P
Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks, i'll take a look! if i knew how to actually get results with the search function, i would have done so. :P

[/ QUOTE ]
NP, I wasn't trying to be smart or anything. Sorry if it just looked like another "use the search function" reply - I do know how frustrating it is for Party to keep crashing... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I just thought you might find them helpful, as it does seem to have effected quite a lot of people and perhaps one of their posts might help you fix it.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:05 AM

Their software is crap. I just upgraded my ran to 1.5G, put my display settings down to 16bit, have everything else closed and it still freezes with two tables open.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:34 AM

Here's the definitive thread on the subject that I started a few months ago, when party's incessant crashes led me to kill a few hookers. (It's OK, I'm pretty sure they were already dead inside) LINK
Old 08-22-2007, 07:49 AM

Perhaps most annoying thing about party crashing is that the player notes I've made don't get written into the notes.txt file until the client is successfully closed. I usually get crashes when I'm closing the client, rarely during actual game play. If someone could be able to make a utility that would read client's memory periodically and dump the new notes into the file that would be great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 02:36 PM

Anyone noticed if the party crash at closing the client and automatically restarting is associated with fphg? Or spadeeye? Or pokertracker? Or PAHUD?
Old 08-25-2007, 05:16 AM

Fkn pisses me to no end gotta start taking notes in a separate text file because the bs client keeps crashing and restarting at logoff.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fkn pisses me to no end gotta start taking notes in a separate text file because the bs client keeps crashing and restarting at logoff.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not 100% sure if it works every time, but the last 3 session ends I've closed it by right clicking on the taskbar and selecting close. It's not crashed any of these 3 times and before that it crashed almsot 100% of the time after a longish session - it's worth a try. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]