Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 02:15 PM

Default QJs turns a flush against nitfish, line check

I hope bertkc isn't a 2p2er, but the guy runs very nitty lately (recently tightened up his game) but is capable of getting it in preflop on 100bbs+ with all kinds of garbage and is also very tilty IIRC.

I feel like I'm only beat by 33 and A3 and that based on the way he played it he can't fold an A now and could even have a lower flush.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($120)
Button ($518.90)
SB ($747.40)
BB ($419)
UTG ($241.30)
Hero ($758.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $14, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($34) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $80</font>, Hero calls $56.

Turn: ($194) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $94</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $664.9 (All-In)</font>,
Old 08-25-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: QJs turns a flush against nitfish, line check

How likely is it, that he stacks of with any Ax where you force him to put his money in while behind? Then discount the probability of where he already beat you or is gonna beat you and then check if your Equity is enough to make this kind of play.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:15 PM

I prolly donk turn.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:18 PM

have played w/ villain a bit awhile ago. don't remember him being much of a nit but maybe he is now or whatever.

vs a typical nit i think ur probably WA/WB and i think u may have a very tough time getting him to put in anymore money the times you are WA...so don't really like it.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:20 PM

well just to be results oriented...this guy had A2 (basically he turned his hand into a bluff)

I don't think he's planning on folding after building a monster pot like this on the turn when he doesnt hit his boat, right?

plus the range here that beats me is very small isnt it? A3, 33 really unless he has Kxhh
Old 08-25-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prolly donk turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain (Im not disagreeing with you)
Old 08-25-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well just to be results oriented...this guy had A2 (basically he turned his hand into a bluff)

I don't think he's planning on folding after building a monster pot like this on the turn when he doesnt hit his boat, right?

plus the range here that beats me is very small isnt it? A3, 33 really unless he has Kxhh

[/ QUOTE ]

1) if he has A2 he isn't that much of a nit

2) he didn't exactly turn his hand into a bluff. he raised the flop for value/protection most likely w/ the intention of slowing down on the turn unimproved tho obv i don't know this for sure.

3) the point is still...what do you expect to be getting called by here when you c/rai? this is the most important question you should be asking yourself.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:41 PM

1. he has nitty stats

2. well on the flop im not calling with worse hands much and if i do im not putting in any more money on the turn unless I can beat Ax

3. I expect him to call with any decent A based on the way he played it and i'm not beat by much
Old 08-25-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. he has nitty stats

2. well on the flop im not calling with worse hands much and if i do im not putting in any more money on the turn unless I can beat Ax

3. I expect him to call with any decent A based on the way he played it and i'm not beat by much

[/ QUOTE ]

2. you called with q-high

3. he doesn't call with many Ax hands unless he has high heart / boat or unless he is a big idiot
Old 08-25-2007, 04:04 PM

I had a flush draw, I didn't call w Q high.

so should i just fold the flop? What do I do if I donk the turn and he shoves?

What if I donk and he calls and shoves the river? I can't fold then..