Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Best site for low/micro ring games?

Hi
I started my poker adventure a few months ago with $50 on Stars, and after starting at $10NL FR then moving to $25NL 6-max, I have run it up to about $1000. However I've noticed that these games have become much tighter lately, and although I am still beating them I feel I am missing value by playing at Stars.

I recently tried depositing $50 on Bodog, after 1000 hands of $10NL FR this is up to $100... the players there are terrible and I can see how the software restrictions improve game quality (fewer 12-tabling nithudbots taking up seats). I feel this site has potential: from what I have observed, the games are much softer than stars across all levels. However I am not sure how accurate my observations are, and I cannot get rakeback on the site, so unless the games are very fishy indeed I will likely move elsewhere.

I would now like to move up to the $50 ring games. I am looking for a site with fishy games and rake-back; hopefully traffic will not be too much of an issue due to the relative popularity of the games I play. I am from the UK so I have few restrictions, and I am comfortable playing on a smaller site.

Could anyone suggest a suitable site? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance ,
molotom
Old 06-23-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Best site for low/micro ring games?

party?
Old 06-23-2007, 06:24 PM

Try Tilt for rakeback.

Games everywhere are harder now; it's just a fact of life.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
party?

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried party $10NL FR for a couple of thousand hands. To be honest the players didn't live up to their reputation... I did have one guy holding Q7 stack off to my KQ on a KKQ board, but that was an isolated incident. I made some limited forays into the $25 games there but again I was disappointed. I think a lot of the legendary party fish are either long-gone or just swimming around at the higher stakes instead. Anyway, there is no rake-back, and everything else about the site sucks as well (software, support, etc). IMO it's a terrible site
Old 06-23-2007, 08:55 PM

World Poker Exchange. At the stakes you play (50NL), WPEX is perfect for building up a bankroll. Yes, you might struggle to find the fish you're looking for on a consistent basis, but you seriously can't beat 100% rakeback. Plus, low stakes is still low stakes - players are exploitable.

Also, in case you're not aware WPEX doesn't allow HUDs and you can only play 4 tables at a time, so there's no 12 tabling nithudbots.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:58 PM

You're playing 10NL with a bankroll over 1K? Or did I read that wrong?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're playing 10NL with a bankroll over 1K? Or did I read that wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 10NL on Bodog occasionally since I only have $100 on the site. Winrate is equivalent to 5BB/100 at 25NL anyway, the players at this level are totally retarded... 20/7 (lol) crushes the games.

What about the sites which are skins for larger networks? I have not had any experience with these, would be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on them.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:36 PM

y not just stick with stars the micro games are so easy to beat and u can play a bunch of tables
Old 06-24-2007, 07:07 PM

Party NL10 FR is often laughably tight these days - I 4 table and often find 2 of my tables have a 'table saw flop % of 10-12%'. Especially at German peak time, as it seems these players are the nittiest.
NL25 6max at party is a mixed bag, but if you shop around there are some good tables there.
There are some great NL10 tables, but you have to hunt around. It seems to be quite time zone specific. European Friday and Saturday nights are great.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:16 PM

Take it to FTP, The games are easily beatable for a decent rate + RB. Can't go wrong. There are still plenty of spewtards giving their money ways, Just have good table selection. Profit....