Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 06:50 PM

Default uh, so i\'m playing online now. 5/10 blind battle.

ok - so having played live with guys who chop forever, i never get to play in the blinds, and am trying to figure it out.

5/10 on full tilt. victim seems solid. i've been active but not retarded. he has 1500 i cover.

i open for 35 in sb w Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] he calls in big.

flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i bet 60 he makes it 180 i call.

turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] i check, he bets 350 i push.

eh?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:57 PM

Default Re: uh, so i\'m playing online now. 5/10 blind battle.

Haha, I love how you use the word "victim" and the phrase "I've been active but not retarded".

Great that you've started to play online!

Anyways, oh yeah, right, you posted a hand as well. I like it.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:02 PM

so mdma - the question obviously is: do solid 5/10 online guys regularly bet/fold this turn? like, is he betting AT on turn here a lot? is this far more often a set> can he fold T9? that's what i'm getting at i guess.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:12 PM

wtf why do u choose full tilt 5/10 to play online

play party with all the other 2p2ers

and yes i think the majority of solid 5/10ers can fold T9 here, maybe not a set, but pretty much every other hand.

sexy play
Old 08-21-2006, 07:13 PM

I think they can definately bet-fold here, but rather, yes, the real trick is how often he's folding two pair here (and which ones). Also, how active have you been in sb vs bb before? Have you been so active (in general, not just sb vs bb obv) that he's prone to start raising you w/ air here on the flop? And, if that is the case, is he following through on turn most of the time? The more chance of this, the better your play obv becomes.

Also, it's kind of important if he believe you to be calling flop w/ T9/set to c/r turn (even this turn yes), or if you'd 3-bet those most of the time, but I'm more inclined to think you'd c/r a set here rather than 3-bet it, stacks are not THAT deep that you have to 3-bet here at all imo and that is important since he it's important that he has to be able to be afraid of you doing this w/ a set for value, wheras you'd prob 3-bet T9 here slightly more often than a set.

Also, if you think it's quite likely he's raising you w/ jack-[censored] here on the flop enough because of your earlier "non-retareded activeness", then I'd strongly consider 3-beting flop right here.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so mdma - the question obviously is: do solid 5/10 online guys regularly bet/fold this turn? like, is he betting AT on turn here a lot? is this far more often a set> can he fold T9? that's what i'm getting at i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not going to fold two/pair set, and he's not bet/folding AT, if he's solid (he'd check AT behind). But if he's solid, I don't know if he would raise this flop with AT, anyway.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:19 PM

what mdma said - if he bet/folded here, he was on jack sh*t and just using his position to push you off the pot.

if he bet this turn, it's to bet/call with whatever hand he bet with or bet/fold with air.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what mdma said - if he bet/folded here, he was on jack sh*t and just using his position to push you off the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude - i don't think that's what mdma said.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf why do u choose full tilt 5/10 to play online

[/ QUOTE ]

he's trying to ease into online poker after years of live play. cute little avatars each with 4 distinct emotions make it easier to get reads, develop table feel, etc.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude - i don't think that's what mdma said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't phrase that well. MDMA covers it all. I'm touching on what he said last, about how it could be possible that he's raising you with air, and in that case, if he did in fact bet/fold the turn, he was on air. From my experience playing 5/10 (haven't played FT, though), not many are bet/folding this turn with two pair/sets. They're just as likely to reason that you're on overpair/bluff and will talk themselves into a call, especially without a huge read on you.