Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 01:45 AM

Default Brand New What?

Typical Commerce game. Two players are in the game who are so obnoxious that when they went to a party with Osama Bin Laden, Adolph Hitler and O.J. Simpson, everybody, said, "Ugh, those two Commerce A-holes are here."

It's 3:48. A-Hole A asks for a new set-up. They can only request it on the hour; I'm not sure what the grace period is.

They bring over the new set-up. Cardroom manager happens by at that moment. "Bring us a brand new one," says A-hole B. "A brand new what?" inquires the manager, demonstrating to me that he has a far better sense of humor than I had previously thought.

"A brand new Rolex," I volunteer.

"A brand new set-up," says A-hole B, glowering at my daft impertinence. "I want brand new ones."

"I'll have to get get them," says the girl who had brought over the apparently grossly inferior non-brand new set-up, with the gritty determination of a Chinook on an upstream spawn.

"Well, meanwhile," says A-hole A, "leave us that new set-up and then we'll change those out when you bring us the brand new ones."

4:00 is usually my nap time so I'm anxious to play the last two hands before my big blind before beddy-bye.

"We're not changing the cards twice," I say. "Right, Lefty?" I inquire of the manager (whose real name is not Lefty; I've changed it for literary reasons).

"Take those back and bring them brand new ones," Lefty orders, in a muscular voice pregnant with the overtones of the Mafia capo di capi he not so secretly wishes he was.

I fold the last two hands before my big blind and rack up to leave. A friend of mine in the game, who really does have a great sense of humor, exclaims:

"Andy, you can't leave now. We're gonna get BRAND NEW CARDS! And lollipops!"

You on-line players just don't know what you're missing.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Brand New What?

Did they have their "All-in" prompt sign so the cameras would know when to start filming??
I'm picturing it now, CHP shades, Ivey cans, and a nutz card protector.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:17 AM

That was a fun read.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Typical Commerce game. Two players are in the game who are so obnoxious that when they went to a party with Osama Bin Laden, Adolph Hitler and O.J. Simpson, everybody, said, "Ugh, those two Commerce A-holes are here."

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt they would ever be invited to such an exclusive party.

~ Rick
Old 11-22-2006, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt they would ever be invited to such an exclusive party.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow 2 people worse than Bin Laden, Hitler, and O.J.

That's harsh they MUST have been "Borgataites"
Old 11-22-2006, 11:56 AM

A true friend would stiff finger drag a lollipop for you.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:38 PM

Andy, you seem to have your own way of dealing with this situation. That said, when someone in my game asks for a set-up, I like to ask the floor guy "Are these the decks with all aces?" I guess it's not that funny, but it cracks me up every time. Try it some time.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:47 PM

Hey, I looked for you before I left, and even phoned you, you must have snuck out. Sorry to have stranded you in the bar, I didn't want them to pick me up.

Have a great holiday.

Andy
Old 11-22-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I looked for you before I left, and even phoned you, you must have snuck out. Sorry to have stranded you in the bar, I didn't want them to pick me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked out the main entrance of the Commerce and the sun and air looked good so I went up the street to the Citadel outdoor outlet mall to get my daily hour long walk and buy a few things. I know I normally look like a million but most of my look comes from places like an Izod or Banana Republic outlet at 70% off. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Later I returned to the Commerce to get stacked in a huge three way pot with set over set. So much for getting a nice walk in before work. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 11-22-2006, 10:13 PM

This nonsense doesn't happen in the Borgata because you can't call for a new setup, only a new card if it is damaged.