Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Little QTo

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

On the turn i figured i was behind but had 7 out to win q/j. I would prob also call river if i picked up a T

comments on all streets pleaes
Old 05-10-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Little QTo

I need a read on your opponent before I can decide if I like your line here. Against some opponents I would fold to the turn checkraise, against others I would call down after the checkraise, and against another opponent type I would call the turn checkraise and fold the river unimproved as you did.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:18 PM

he is alittle loose but not way out of line, i also saw him defend light q3s other then that not much info it was the first few orbits
Old 05-15-2006, 01:33 PM

Hmm, after about 5 minutes I'm still not sure what I'd do. I play it the same I think, except if I call the river if the player seems aggressive. I hate folding 2nd pair HU too often or I'm just going to have people playing at me with air. But that's a total blank of a turn for his C/R.

Bleah, I'm no help.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:35 PM

Nice hand.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:15 PM

standard absent any reads, rofl. nh gg
Old 05-15-2006, 03:21 PM

A few thoughts on this:
Preflop and flop both seem standard. I'm split between a few options on the turn. At 5/10 barring a read I probably play it the same way you do, but at 10/20 I've started experimenting with checking this sort of turn through. It lets me avoid facing a checkraise when I'm behind and players are aggro enough that they fire on the river with missed draws making it less important for me to charge on the turn.

The way you played the river fold looks ok, but damns it's tempting to call since none of the draws hit. I think it's another aggression split where I'd call at 10/20 vs standard aggression and fold at 5/10 barring the read. In terms of cards to call, I'd also consider calling a river K since it will counterfeit the Q9, 96, and Q6 2 pairs that may have raised you.