Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 07:11 PM

Default £10 NL Micro Home Game, Two Pair River Decision

Me and a few friends always have a home game every weekend where we play super small stakes NL (£10 = ~$20).
We all take it fairly seriously, more for bragging rights than anything else. We all have a decent understanding of the game so not too many superdonkish moves.

(mods sorry if this is the wrong forum, please move if appropriate)

Villian 1 is quite good, we've got a history of playing fairly aggresively against each other. I know he's capable of semibluffing, also can be tricky with draws. Also the odd bout of FPS. He know I sometimes bluff in big pots and will sometimes put me to the test.

Effective stacks £8
Hero in SB
Villain 1 in BB
Villain 2 on BTN

Hero dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

3 folds, Villain 2 (BTN) calls £.10, Hero (SB) calls £.05, Villian 1 (BB) checks.

I could have raised this PF and sometimes might, usually though I'd just see a flop cheap. Would you raise PF as standard?

Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot £.30)

Hero bets £.30, Villain 1 calls, Villain 2 calls.

So with a flush draw present I don't want to risk any free cards so I pot it. When they both call I think at least one of them is drawing to the flush. It's a limped pot so I can't really rule out anything and Villain 2 plays all sorts of rubbish.

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot £1.20)

Hero bets £1.20, Villain 1 raises to £2.40, Villain 2 folds, Hero calls £1.20

OK my first mistake I think, I elect to just call this raise. I thought firstly I could be in trouble with KJ or 33. I think he would probably raise KJ PF but I'm not certain, almost 100% sure he'd raise JJ or TT. He could also have J3, T3, K3 for that matter. He might be putting me to the test with a small pair 44-99. Should I 3bet here?

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot £6.00)

Hero bets £1.50, Villain 1 raise all in to £5.20. Hero calls £3.70.

I don't know if he knows what a blocking bet is but in retrospect that bet sizing wasn't ideal, I wanted a call from a weak hand but then thought he may have seen that bet as weak. Do you just push, c/c?

Did I butcher the turn or is the hand standard? Should I have folded to the river raise? I'm really not sure.

I'll share the results but it's more about whether my decisions each street were correct rather than the fact I lost the pot.

Thanks for the input.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: £10 NL Micro Home Game, Two Pair River Decision

Definitely get it all in on the turn, too many scarecards that can come on the river.

I'd rather just check and let villain continue with the initiative and try to bluff you off your hand
Old 07-28-2007, 08:55 PM

Bump, anyone else have anything to add or has shoxbb6 hit the nail on the head?
Old 07-29-2007, 11:09 AM

I can't believe it's really this cut and dry, maybe it is. Bump for the morning crowd.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely get it all in on the turn, too many scarecards that can come on the river.

I'd rather just check and let villain continue with the initiative and try to bluff you off your hand

[/ QUOTE ]