Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 03:58 PM

Default super draw

is this always a push against unknown?

this is about my 15th hand at the table and i hadnt really been envolved in a hand. villain alaso click min-raised me on the flop fwiw. i just feel like i could win a lot more by calling and hitting a heart turn more times than just betting him out right here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($203)
SB ($33.25)
BB ($199.26)
UTG ($67.50)
MP ($161.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $5.

Flop: ($15) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $22</font>, Hero?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:01 PM

Default Re: super draw

Whats super about this? You have a flush draw...
Old 08-01-2006, 04:10 PM

Just call and pop him when the flush comes. BTW I don't know what FWIW means so I ignored what you said in that sentence.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:12 PM

For what its worth
Old 08-01-2006, 04:12 PM

A lot of the time I'll just call with the odds that I'm getting. Plus you're in position.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:32 PM

I'd like to hear why you feel a reraise is indicated. I like taking the free flush draw the vast majority of the time. Are you trying to buy a free card on the turn or do you believe there's some reason to expect the BB to fold? Maybe he clicked the wrong button? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2006, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear why you feel a reraise is indicated. I like taking the free flush draw the vast majority of the time. Are you trying to buy a free card on the turn or do you believe there's some reason to expect the BB to fold? Maybe he clicked the wrong button? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

u mean necessary? i felt like it was a good play because w/ 15 outs we're ahead of him (and i was pretty sure that he had one pair or less since his line wasnt very strong). i hadnt been in any pots, so theres no reason for him to assume im making a move here. raising all in cant get a freecard, since im all in...
Old 08-01-2006, 05:20 PM

Pushing here is a massive overbet; the problem with overbets in general is that the risk / reward isn't worth it. If you feel strongly that this is a one pair hand than you can push because you have good equity (both of the pot and fold variety) against any one pair hand but in my experience many players will play a set like this. I would take a turn and let him give me good odds to look at a river, as players of this type are apt to do. Also your hand does have some showdown value (Ahigh) and by calling a weakish flop raise and a weakish turn bet he may just give up on the river without a pair.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:37 PM

All you have is a flush draw. A push would be a HUGE overbet and does carry fold equity, but that is a pretty transparent move. I don't think your getting top pair or better to fold in this spot.

BTW: I don't think you have 15 outs and don't give credit to villans at 200NL with respects to the fact that they are paying attention to your image.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:37 PM

When I count my outs I usually give my opponent atleast toppair. Sometimes TPTK but for now just TP. You have 12 outs. If you have some other read like he has pp less then 99 and no set please share. Otherwise ace foosh draw vs tp nonheart jack kick is 45% which is 10% less then vs 8s8d. Well in either case your not real far ahead. But there will be times he has AQ and your a 2 to 1 dog or a set (4 4) and your a 3 to 1 dog here.