Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 08:50 AM

Default 600 Stars, A high float OOP meets interesting turn- and rivercards

Villain is Adamx. I think Ive seen him before, but dont know if he is a winning regular. His stats for the session are 43/16, about half of it is 3-handed. On my last BB I 3bet him and made a CB on a Q66 board and he folded.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (3 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB ($594)
Hero ($729)
Button ($646.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $18</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $12.

Flop: ($39) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $24</font>, Hero calls $24.

Turn: ($87) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $60</font>, Hero calls $60.

River: ($207) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $156</font>

From the short history we have he seems to be an aggressive player who will definitely use scarecards when checked to. Soooo, his line doesn't make any sense does it?
Old 11-30-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Re: 600 Stars, A high float OOP meets interesting turn- and rivercards

Reraise preflop, fold flop, turn fine, call riv
Old 11-30-2006, 09:27 AM

As I wrote in my OP I had just reraised him my previous BB and I didnt want him gunning for me when I held hand that plays poorly in 3bet pots OOP. My standard is to reraise AJo there 3handed of course, but I just chose not to this time.

On the flop I think Im ahead like 70% of the time and I wanted to outplay him that hand. Is it a nono always?
My standard is checkfold here aswell, I just feel its kinda weak and exploitable to always give up UI on the flop when I "slowplay" preflop.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:16 PM

why not put a blocker bet on the river?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not put a blocker bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once he bets the turn I put him on air (I put small pairs in there too) or something strong like two pair/set. Since the river is a scarecard I check to induce a bluff from the air-part of his range. Im not too worried about losing alot to valuebets since he will check behind some of the holdings that beat me since the board now is somewhat scary (although I recognoize the fact that a good player is capable of valuebetting a little thin here since I almost never have a deuce and that I might call down light since he knows I know he would only bet air or monster etc..)

Blocking seems really bad unless I want to induce him to push his entire stack in on a bluff, which could be neat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], but I dont think that was your intention.

He is never calling here if he is beat. I could try to bluff him off AK or something, but then the entire point of my line is gone.