Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 11:25 AM

Default KJs vs LP 155 BB deep

Villain was 35/9/1,3 over 55 hands. He won a stack with AA against 99 with both having sets (he minreraised pf), another with K4o against 99, where he b/3b a 276 board and hits his K on the turn, and another where he c/c flop and turn with an OESD, and hits the river.

So, this hand, I don't TP against a minraise in position. I really hated the turn, because I couldn't fold that easy what I would've done unimproved against a turn bet. Should I have raised the turn? Is this a fold on the river?

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $313.80
CO: $347.90
Hero: $318.15
SB: $736.00
BB: $212.75

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($24, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $17</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $34</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($92, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $50</font>, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($192, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $125</font>, Hero ?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: KJs vs LP 155 BB deep

Presumably someone who minraises AA preflop is unlikely to three bet you preflop, so hands like QQ or KK are in his range.

It's not likely he's on a draw as we've seen him check/call draws before. It's entirely possible has has a total bluff, as we've seen him b3b with one overcard.

On that basis I think we have him on QQ, KK, KQ, KJ, QJ or a total bluff. I think you'd have to put in the equity calculations for this, but I imagine this is a river fold.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:31 AM

I can't see folding river after calling flop and turn. I fold flop because even when you hit turn good it only really puts you ahead of AK and K5 now and you still lose to KQ and 55.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see folding river after calling flop and turn. I fold flop because even when you hit turn good it only really puts you ahead of AK and K5 now and you still lose to KQ and 55.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah yes, 55 too. I don't think we can fold flop having seen him bluff with one overcard in a similiar spot recently, I think it's fair to assume that's a decent part of his range.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah yes, 55 too. I don't think we can fold flop having seen him bluff with one overcard in a similiar spot recently, I think it's fair to assume that's a decent part of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

But did you see the flop he bluffed at and I'm assuming it was HU?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno how much emphasis I'd put on flop texture dictating his play when he is a crappy player
Old 10-25-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno how much emphasis I'd put on flop texture dictating his play when he is a crappy player

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't these donks put people on high cards so when the flop is 276 they "know" their opponent couldn't have made a pair. But you're right though, not sure how much these guys know about flop textures.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:50 AM

I'm going to stack off pretty light against this guy. I probably call his raise on the flop, and then push the turn. As played, I call the river.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:17 PM

He had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ...
Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 PM

I like a flop fold as villain raised with BB still left to act.

Turn villain leads for half pot - fishy considering he was raising the flop. He may have hit a gutshot with AT or T9, or he made a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw on the turn, or he's got Jx[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].......that said villain takes funny lines so we can't really put him on anything. Regardless if we were behind on the flop we're still behind on the turn unless he has AA. River he bets out huge now - we can conclude that the 4 didn't help him; but he may have backdoored a flush, he may have whiffed his diamond draw, he may have taken a funny line with a straight.

His line makes no sense, I tell myself I was the button and looked like i was on a steal preflop, it looks like I was drawing on the turn, and his river bet doesn't look like he's trying to get value from a whiffed draw; I talk myself into calling.