Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 AM

Default NL50: Button v. blind, I gots a monster draw

Villain is 16/13.2/2 and seems pretty solid. I have been at the table about four or five orbits. I have picked up pairs or broadway cards *every* time I am on the button or in the small blind. Must have been a nitty table because each time I picked up a hand on button or SB it was folded to me and I raised it up. So I looked like I was being hyper-aggro and robbing Villain blind, raising with ATC. That's why I called the 3bet preflop, because I thought he may be 3betting light. I still had a bad feeling that i was behind his range preflop, but they were sooooooted. What do I do now?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $81.55
BB: $66.95
UTG: $50.70
MP: $62.85
CO: $53.75
Hero (BTN): $49.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $7.50</font>,Hero?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: NL50: Button v. blind, I gots a monster draw

I would reraise again preflop. You probably have the best hand, and even if SB has a better hand, he'll have a hard time calling your 4-bet.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would reraise again preflop. You probably have the best hand, and even if SB has a better hand, he'll have a hard time calling your 4-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's retarded given Hero's image.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 AM

Raise flop is fine, you are favourite against his range.
You can also call and look the turn card.
Blank turn: Your equity is something about ~32% vs TT+,AQs+,AKo, so you can usually call/bet turn without loosing money.
A or K turn: ~26% you have to fold here somethimes

If villian might fold TT-JJ, i would push.
If he isn't i would call, maybe i can safe some money if i miss or bluff some scarecards.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 AM

Hero has at least 12 outs and could have up to 18 vs AK, A9 or a lower PP. Add in some fold equity and I'm pushing here. A nit never expects you to have a draw in a 3-bet pot because it is not in his own range.

Of course, it is a high variance play so as long as losing doesn't tilt you you will get more action every time you raise for a while afterwards.