Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2006, 06:52 PM

Default Tournament Theory: Open raise or open limp?

Lately I've noticed on my poker tracker HUD (haven't figured out how to use it for SnGs yet so only 25 hands into the game do I get my "new" stats) that by the time bubble play comes around I've played about anywhere between 3 to 15% of the pots. But interestingly of all the hands I've played, I've raised almost all of them preflop(70%+). Note: these aren't necesarily open raises, I raise a lot when there's limpers too. In a cash game the EV way of thnking about preflop raising takes a lot of guessing work out of it. But in a tournament there's all these other mumbo-jumbos to consider(Gap concept, blahblah). I usually dont consider myself tight aggressive. In a cash game I'm more loose aggressive than anything, but in my learning I've gradually approached these precentages for Party Poker SnGs,(22$/33$)then again my learning is just beginning so I'm wondering where I wanna end up later on. How many hands do you guys find yourself playing? and out of these hands how many of these do you guys finding yourself raising before the flop? Where's the optimal zone?
Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]