Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Anyone Played Cash Games @ WSOPC Event in Council Bluffs?

Just wanted to start a thread and see if any of the B&M crowd is going to play in any events or play some cash games. I plan on going there this weekend to hit up some of the cash games and to see what is being spread. I don’t see a lot of pros showing up for this event but there is direct flights from Omaha to Vegas and LA for cheap so maybe we will see some decent names show up.

I have no clue what cash games will be spread but I am hoping for some limit or PL HOE mixed games (PL HOE has been running in Des Moines/Iowa City lately, not sure about Council Bluffs). Mainly hoping for some non NLHE games being spread but I’m sure the NLHE games will be the softest.

Anyway any info on the cash games would be appreciated and who else is going up there? I will post a trip report when I return.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Anyone Played Cash Games @ WSOPC Event in Council Bluffs?

I was there last night I saw a hose game a couple of o/8 games I am not sure on the limits I know the o/8 games started at 4/8 with a kill and went up to 20/40
Old 02-03-2007, 04:06 AM

Quick Trip Report of sorts

Friday night Feb 2
3/6 LHE (3 tables)
5/10 LHE (1-2 tables)
20/40 LHE (1 table)
1/2 NLHE (3-4 tables) $100-200 buyin
2/5 NLHE (5 tables) $200-500 buyin
5/10 NLHE (2 tables) buyin unknown
30/60 HOE (1 table, dies at midnight)
4/8 Omaha H/L (1 table) w. half kill
10/20 Omaha H/L (1 table) w. half kill

Phil Gordon was playing 2/5 NLHE for the entire night, he is doing a free seminar on Saturday morning at 11am and then playing in the $1,500 event at noon

No other big names spotted

My 2/5 NLHE game was really soft. I sat at 8pm and by about 11:30 most of the fish had left and the players backfilling them were tougher players, we managed to get 3 guys that I have played with in KC before to sit down so by midnight i got out of there and booked a good win

I will probably stop by Saturday morning to see whats up and then head back to KC - maybe with the $5k event on Monday the games will get bigger on Saturday and Sunday. There were good lists of interest for 50-100 HOE and PLO (unspecified stakes) and also a couple guys wanting to play 100-200 LHE
Old 02-03-2007, 11:13 AM

I sat in the 1-2 while waiting for the 2-5 game to open. I saw two guys get it all in preflop with 8-8 and Queen 10 pretty standard, I guess.

I'll be there all morning playing 100-200 or 300-500 before the $300 limit tourney start.