Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 09:06 PM

Default nuts no redraw

just sat down at this table but played with villain earlier today, stacking him then with top set of jacks vs his middle set of sevens when we both filled up on the turn. He seems OK, although that hand was a little bad and he referred to it as a cooler, where as I would have thought it would be fairly easy to get away from in position when I keep betting into him - instead he shoved over the top of my 2/3 pot turn bet, much the same as in this hand.

That said he is decent enough compared to the other players on these tables, so I give him some respect. Onto the hand - comments on all streets appreciated.

Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: ( $33.06 USD )
Seat 2: hero( $24.40 USD )
Seat 3 $8.21 USD )
Seat 4: ( $38.76 USD )
Seat 5: villain( $24.90 USD )
Seat 6: ( $32.99 USD )
Seat 7: ( $30.75 USD )
Seat 8 $9.25 USD )
Seat 9: ( $29.50 USD )
Seat 10 $37.24 USD )

Seat 7 posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
Seat 8 posts big blind [$0.25 USD].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

2 folds, hero calls, seat 3 calls, 1 fold
villain raises $1.35
2 folds
BB calls, hero calls, seat 3 calls

(pot $5.50)
** Dealing Flop **
Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks
hero bets $3.25
seat 3 folds
villain calls, BB calls

(pot $15.25)
** Dealing Turn **
A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks
hero bets $10
villain is all-In $20.30
BB folds
hero is all-In $9.80
Old 09-12-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: nuts no redraw

Std. If your going to fold don't bet $10
Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 PM

thanks for that sir, im interested to know what other lines are available on the turn if you have any thoughts. I can't find a check with with all the full house / flush draws out there, but betting commits us... anyone got a solution?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:55 PM

With the current nuts in a $15 pot against a guy w/ $20, there are no other lines.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:13 PM

furr nuff, apologies for trivial post then. i couldnt work out another play so thought id ask the oracle. If anyone else has an opinion im interested to hear it. How about if we both had another 100bb behind? Bet/call turn, check/fold spade/pair river?

fwiw villain called with K10J9 for a freeroll and spiked a ten on river to fill up - pretty unlikely to hit his four outer anyway but being freerolled is dirty.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:07 PM

Well with such a big pot, even if he's a 60:40 fav in equity due to freerolling, there's so much money out there already that you have odds to continue. The only hand you wouldn't have odds to play against would be someone with AAKsJs, but it'd be impossible to put him on that hand alone.

Now with $100 behind, that creates a very tricky scenario. And with no redraw it may be best to check/fold? Maybe check/call? I don't know in that spot. If you bet and get raised, at best you're chopping, you have no hope for better and your reverse implied odds are horrible to be legitimately bet out or bluffed out on the river.