Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 07:11 AM

Default QQ 100nl two kings on board

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

CO ($224.45)
Button ($376.75)
SB ($17.40)
Hero ($126.05)
UTG ($132.55)
UTG+1 ($103.55)
MP1 ($20)
MP2 ($210.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
[color=#CC3333]UTG raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 calls $2, [color=#666666]5 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $10</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $8.

Flop: ($22.50) K, K, 6 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $13</font>, [color=#CC3333]UTG+1 raises to $35</font>, Hero calls $22.

Turn: ($92.50) 7 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]UTG+1 bets $58.55 (All-In)</font>, Hero?

Now i have a second nut flush draw, and the pot is laying me almost 3-1, is this enough times 99-jj? No read on villian, but he seemed solid from what i seen.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: QQ 100nl two kings on board

at full ring at NL100 that is not anything but AK very much. THe minraise screams KK,AK,or AA given the action.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:17 AM

I put him behind you maybe 15% of the time unimproved. You have maybe a 15% shot at a winning flush (I would not be at all surprised to make the flush and be shown Ah so I discount a chunk for that). That makes you about a 2.3 / 1 dog and the pot is giving you 2.6 /1. I call.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:22 AM

pm me the results if you called. I don't put him on the kingX...he is way overbetting that to actually have it. Or maybe thats what he wants you to think. He could have had pocket 6s too.

I think this may be one of the many times qq loses. I hate the hand myself.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:24 AM

It seems to me that the others are saying you should call...
I disagree 100%. I think you should fold this and not think twice about it. Consider all of the following:
1) You reraised pre-flop OOP, so you have showed great strength already. He HAS to put you on at least QQ, KK, AA, or maybe AK.
2)You followed up your PF strength with more strength on the flop
3) You even called a re-raise on flop showing more strength
4) If at worst he had a flush draw, you are now beat on turn anyways
5) You might be drawing dead
6) You might hit a flush and lose to Ace hearts or to a boat
7) He has continued to show resistance at you even given your strength.

Essentially what I am getting at is, what are you hoping for here? What can you beat besides a crap hand that should be out by now. You already said you dont have a read on the villain, so you have to at least think about giving him credit. You said he seemed solid, so now you PROBABLY should give him credit on this kind of board anyways.
Earlier posts suggested that he would not be betting so much with a K. I guess I dont understand that. Chances are, that post comes from someone playing low limits where people like to slow play ALL THE TIME. There are PLENTY of reasons to raise you on flop here with trip Kings. First, you showed strength, he is looking to get you committed in the pot for your stack. Secondly, and more importantly is . THERE IS A FLUSH DRAW ON THE FLOP. Of course he would raise hsi trips here if given the chance.
your stack is fine, why risk it all here where you are probably going to lose this hand IMO @ least 75% of the time. I just think you are crushed here or at least will be most of the time and its just not worth it. Know something about the villain before you try and make a call like this. I dont see anyone playing this hand the way he did with just a JJ or worse here.. c'mon, give him some credit for giving you some credit.. lol.
Finally, consider the long term effects if you call this. Let us say you DO call and win. First of all, i think it is a rare win and i would consider yourself lucky here. But more importantly, if you win this hand it will convince you it was a good call.. and most the time it won't be. Thats a HORRIBLE trap to be putting yourself in and it will cost you lots of money down the road by making more calls like this.
Good luck to you!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:39 AM

flop is a super eazy fold. he has a king 90% of the time and something else 10%.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flop is a super eazy fold. he has a king 90% of the time and something else 10%.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on the player but I doubt this is true
Old 06-11-2007, 01:53 AM

Yah again, I agree with BT2 here. Read my post a couple spots above. It just doesn't make sense to call here most of the time. It will lose you money in the long run.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:30 AM

I don't think it's a long run loser (I'm applying Harrington's theory that the chances of a pure bluff NEVER drop below 10% no matter what, plus I think there is a slight chance we are ahead anyhow).

That said, it's a high variance hand for sure. Depends if you want to exploit every available edge.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm applying Harrington's theory that the chances of a pure bluff NEVER drop below 10% no matter what,

[/ QUOTE ]

i have never read a poker book in my life, but if harrington said that he is an idiot and then some.