Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 02:42 PM

Default 10nl - a8 tp oop

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">BB ($9.30)</font>
Button ($10.70)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($18.30)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.20) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.1</font>, BB calls $2.30.

Turn: ($6.40) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero </font>

Obviously he has something after calling the 3-bet.
Fire here again? How much if so?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: 10nl - a8 tp oop

raise, PF.

3 bet on flop is a bit iffy to me unless you have a read that villain often raises on draws. i think i bet call flop evaluate turn.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:45 AM

As played, what would you do on the turn?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:57 AM

Is villain a calling station, or just donkloose in general? If he's very loose and aggressive I might shove turn, since it's unlikely he checked behind preflop with a better ace. The hands we fear against a LAG here are 62, A6, A2, all of which are very real possibilities. Meh, scratch that, I don't see a loose aggressive villain folding anything we beat at these stakes, and we're not ahead of much at this point. I still probably check fold, but its closer.

If villain is loose/passive or not loose at all, I check/fold (maybe call if he minbets or something stupid which you'll see a lot of at these stakes).

That being said, 3betting this flop at these stakes is complete spew and pretty horrible. Not raising preflop is also a leak, although not nearly as bad IMO since its difficult to play these weak aces OOP, especially in a blind v blind where its difficult to give BB credit for a real hand.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:03 AM

Raise pf and bet/call flop. As played I would check turn and call some smaller bets and probably fold to others. Its a bit of a tough spot because you 3bet the flop with an easily dominated hand. Now you have no idea where you stand and could likely get pushed off the best hand.