Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Proving lilholdem is a luckbox, and a crappy player

NO ONE wins that many tourneys without getting lucky as hell. Three times this week in twelve tourneys alone my fate was decided on hands I SHOULD have won. Everyone has these stories, I know. It seems that he just has never run bad in his entire online poker career. Here are notes from this most recent video interview that I can remember...

"I will raised with 2 3 suited before I would with AJ, ya know."

No Chad, I don't, as a matter of fact, what the hell drug charges did you have against you?
Anyone who feels raising with 2 3 consistently before they would AJ is stupid and has immense heaps of luck if they are successful.

"Do you feel online players over play big pocket pairs?"

"Uh, I don't know, umm. Well I will have like 3 5 or 7 8 and flop a straight or flush draw ya know and they can't fold ya know."

Well Chad, only way that plan works is if you hit your damm draw every damm time, which he apparently does. HE is the jackass calling your all in with a draw and making it.

Basic concepts are mutilated by him in that video as we all know. Here are clips from other interviews of him I found on Google...

FOXSports.com: When were you first introduced to poker?

Chad Batista: Anything I ever tried to do in life, if I put my mind to it, I succeeded at it.

Well Chad, you tried school-mission accomplished. You almost certaintly tried basketball since you have always wanted to be black more than the pavement, guess you failed at that as well.

FS.com: Do you have any special strategy in those huge fields in the Big Sunday events?

CB: I never make it to the antes in those. (laughs) I really don't have a strategy, ever. I just play.

Speaks for itself, but guess Chad's luckbox is out of order for those tourneys.

FS.com: Have you read any good poker books?

CB: I have never read a book in my life.

Not just poker, that is ANY book. He should be featured in a new book...
"How to be an idiot for DUMMIES"

This sums it all up, really. (Different interview)

Chad Batista playing in day 2 of the Caesar's Indiana WSOPC main event...
"You've got a good lead on the field right now. Take us through this event and how it's gone for you."

Well, when I started out I was down to like 1,700 chips in the first thirty minutes and then I had a few double-ups. I've just been grinding. I haven't gotten too lucky, except just now when we were on the bubble and I had 3-6 and another guy had pocket sixes , and I really didn't even want to win that. I've just been playing my game, it's been crazy.

Yea Chad, you have no luck. All in with 3-6, the strategy of champions, also, not wanting to win is key I guess as well.

A classic quote...

"What are you thinking now, going into the final table?"

I'm just chillin'.

I am too sick of this to go on, but you should get the point.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Proving lilholdem is a luckbox, and a crappy player

jesus, BAN

this guy consistently makes the worst threads
Old 08-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Proving lilholdem is a luckbox, and a crappy player

this definitely needed its own thread
Closed Thread