Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 10:14 PM

Default My roommate...

pisses me off. He's a cool enough guy, and rarely home. The problem lies when he is home. He rents out the basement of my townhouse, so that's his turf. 1 problem I have is it's always a damn mess. I doubt dude has cleaned it in the year he's been living here. I sure the hell won't clean it for him. He never picks up after himself through the rest of the house. He's got it pretty cush, I don't charge him utilities or anything other than his rent. I've got 3 PCs, a plasma, all the guy toys; and he's got a bed and a dresser. I want to kick his ass out, but have to get a better job first to make up for his rent.

What should I say to get him to quit being such a damn slob?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: My roommate...

"The basement is all yours, but do you think you could do a better job picking up throughout the rest of the house? I let you use all my things and I'm not even charging you utilities, but the mess is annoying me sometimes."

is human interaction that hard?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:13 PM

I want him to clean up after himself everywhere. I go to the basement once a week to do laundry and he has [censored] everywhere. About 80 fast food drink cups, bags of trash. He leaves his shoes and empty bottles in the living room, and tends to fall asleep on my couch, watching my tv, and gets mad when I tell him to go to his room.

Life will be much easier sans him.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:17 PM

side note. He moved in almost 1 year ago, and wasn't sure he'd be staying in state so didnt want a lease. I made him sign a 6 mth lease for my peace of mind, with a clause that either of us can opt out w/ 15 days notice. The lease went month to month upon its expiration. Should I still extend him the courtesey of 15 days notice, or just kick him to the curb on a whim?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:31 PM

if hes not really a friend, then boot him. but really you should actually talk to him and tell him your concerns and see how he reacts... when he doesnt change his ways boot him
Old 10-08-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"The basement is all yours, but do you think you could do a better job picking up throughout the rest of the house? I let you use all my things and I'm not even charging you utilities, but the mess is annoying me sometimes."

is human interaction that hard?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:10 AM

yup is he's not a friend then you should def kick him out. If the money is going to be a problem, I'm sure you could find someone on craigslist or something to rent out short term (although there might be a risk of finding someone worse than him this way).
Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yup is he's not a friend then you should def kick him out. If the money is going to be a problem, I'm sure you could find someone on craigslist or something to rent out short term (although there might be a risk of finding someone worse than him this way).

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't kick him out until you have someone to take his place.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:31 PM

[ ]picture of a lathe
Old 10-21-2007, 11:18 PM

Done and done. Just got a new job, enough to drop 2nd job, get rid of roommate and enjoy finally having some nice cash to blow through. Roommate got the talk last night, hooray me.