Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Today I Sat Down For Two Orbits (LC?)

Here's how it went down:

I folded my first three hands (each one was at least 5 to the flop), then woke up to red 88 in EP -- kill on. Some guy in the HJ raises, and it ends up being 6 to the flop of Q86r. I lead out (do we try for a c/r here given HJ's pf aggression?), and get 5 callers. Turn is a 9 (completing rainbow) and I bet, getting 4 callers. River is a 3, I bet getting 2 callers. MHIG.

A few folds later and I get AJ in CO, raising it up and getting 3 callers. I fire a barrel w/ position on an 822r flop, and call a bet from EP on a turn 6 (giving flush draw). Checked around on the river, but MHING (Villain paired his 6). Some guy says that I completely missed with AK because I only play premium hands, I smile and nod.

Very next hand i get 5c6c in the HJ, and call a bunch of limpers. Seven handed to a flop of 4c7xKc, giving me a FD and an OESD. EP bets it out, gets 3 callers, I raise and get 3 or 4 callers. Blank turn is checked around to me, and I bet. The only caller is the guy who called me out on playing premium hands during the previous hand. River is a blank and we c/c. Both of us show 6 high, he was chasing a GS the whole way. I really didn't expect to chop this, and people at the table seem somewhat perplexed. It may be worth noting that I assumed an (unwanted) air of intensity about me at this point.

One fold, and I get KK in MP. I raise, LP calls, SB calls, BB raises 1/2 SB all-in, I cap. Flop comes Q85r, SB bets, I raise, SB calls (heads-up). Turn comes 3 (completing rainbow), action is the same as on the flop. River is an 8, I call his bet. Villain shows 55 for a flopped set.

We are now 5 handed and I have KQs in HJ (kill on). I raise a limper, but Button 3-bets. I call (heads-up) and c/r him on a flop of K93r (BDFD). Turn is an offsuit J, he bets, I raise, he calls. River is an A and I c/c. Villain shows AA (so I was behind the whole time you tell me!).

Honestly, most action packed ~20 hands in my limited career (for lack of a better word). I got up and left because I wasn't really thinking straight and was most likely tilting after having nothing to show for the huge set made on hand one (I ended up +2 BB).

Comments?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Today I Sat Down For Two Orbits (LC?)

[ QUOTE ]
Here's how it went down:

I folded my first three hands (each one was at least 5 to the flop), then woke up to red 88 in EP -- kill on. Some guy in the HJ raises, and it ends up being 6 to the flop of Q86r. I lead out (do we try for a c/r here given HJ's pf aggression?), and get 5 callers. Turn is a 9 (completing rainbow) and I bet, getting 4 callers. River is a 3, I bet getting 2 callers. MHIG.

A few folds later and I get AJ in CO, raising it up and getting 3 callers. I fire a barrel w/ position on an 822r flop, and call a bet from EP on a turn 6 (giving flush draw). Checked around on the river, but MHING (Villain paired his 6). Some guy says that I completely missed with AK because I only play premium hands, I smile and nod.

Very next hand i get 5c6c in the HJ, and call a bunch of limpers. Seven handed to a flop of 4c7xKc, giving me a FD and an OESD. EP bets it out, gets 3 callers, I raise and get 3 or 4 callers. Blank turn is checked around to me, and I bet. The only caller is the guy who called me out on playing premium hands during the previous hand. River is a blank and we c/c. Both of us show 6 high, he was chasing a GS the whole way. I really didn't expect to chop this, and people at the table seem somewhat perplexed. It may be worth noting that I assumed an (unwanted) air of intensity about me at this point.

One fold, and I get KK in MP. I raise, LP calls, SB calls, BB raises 1/2 SB all-in, I cap. Flop comes Q85r, SB bets, I raise, SB calls (heads-up). Turn comes 3 (completing rainbow), action is the same as on the flop. River is an 8, I call his bet. Villain shows 55 for a flopped set.

We are now 5 handed and I have KQs in HJ (kill on). I raise a limper, but Button 3-bets. I call (heads-up) and c/r him on a flop of K93r (BDFD). Turn is an offsuit J, he bets, I raise, he calls. River is an A and I c/c. Villain shows AA (so I was behind the whole time you tell me!).

Honestly, most action packed ~20 hands in my limited career (for lack of a better word). I got up and left because I wasn't really thinking straight and was most likely tilting after having nothing to show for the huge set made on hand one (I ended up +2 BB).

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you visit the buffet? What did you have, and how was it?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:45 PM

I suck at posting... really, it seemed cool at the time :S
And no buffet, but I did have chicken fried rice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 10:48 PM

I have this sinking feeling that this is minbet holdem. If it is, I want to strike you.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:07 PM

play more hands
Old 07-09-2007, 11:08 PM

KILL ON
Old 07-09-2007, 11:25 PM

+2bb at 3/6 limit = ROBUSTO
Old 07-10-2007, 12:45 AM

You remember wwaaaaaaaaayy too much about the play especially if you left you should have gotten drunk or something if your only going to make 2BB

(Unless its like 1k/2k then good job with the 4k profit)
Old 07-10-2007, 01:00 AM

Limited Hold Them is about putting a man to a decision for some of his... Awww screw it, I'm all in!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You remember wwaaaaaaaaayy too much about the play especially if you left you should have gotten drunk or something if your only going to make 2BB

(Unless its like 1k/2k then good job with the 4k profit)

[/ QUOTE ]

He's actually playing .25/.50 at the crack house and was only uncomfortable because they were reaching for the guns... but he's robusto with $1!