Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 12:11 AM

Default An overpair of snowmen - turn bet out of line?

$3/$5 cash game with $300 capped buy-in. I have about $250 in the big blind; stacks are all mostly between $200 and $350. It's early in the session, and I haven't shown down any hands. My image is (or should be) tight at this point. Players to my left are already appearing to be loose-passive, and the players to my right have been unpredictable so far, with one very LAGgy player.

Four limpers enter the pot, SB calls. I look down at 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB, and check my option. Pot is $25 after the flop rake.

Flop: 7 6 4 rainbow

I lead out for $25. One EP player calls, and everyone else folds. Pot is now $75.

Turn: 2 (four flush on board)

This didn't hurt or help, regardless whether I was winning or losing before. The EP caller had been fairly loose pre-flop and very passive so far (I've yet to see him raise), so he may have well been calling with the straight draw or just overcards. I overbet the pot with a $100 bet. (I have $120 behind.)

1) Should I have raised 88 in the BB? (I don't like it against the large field).

2) Any opinions on my bet sizes on the flop/turn? I didn't want to give a free card on the flop, but not sure my overbet was the best play there.

Thanks for your input!