Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Is the NL better than the AL this year?

I know it sounds crazy, based on the disparity last year, but is it obvious that the AL is better than the NL right now, based on what you've seen so far this year?

Do you feel confident that the AL will go above .500 against the NL in interleague play in 2007?
Old 04-25-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Is the NL better than the AL this year?

LOLZ.

<------- Would be a favorite to make the playoffs in the NL
Old 04-25-2007, 06:35 AM

Thayer- One can only dream.

Yes, i fave faith that the AL will go above .500 vs the NL.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:47 AM

Well, maybe the AL is better, but the Mets are the best team in baseball, period. Prospectus agrees with me, and it's just very obvious watching the games, looking at the pythagorean records, and looking at the box scores and peripheral stats of the players.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, maybe the AL is better, but the Mets are the best team in baseball, period. Prospectus agrees with me, and it's just very obvious watching the games, looking at the pythagorean records, and looking at the box scores and peripheral stats of the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about Period. They have beaten up on the Card on the Road who have been terrible at home all year. They have struggled with the Braves taking 2 of 6. They have beat Philly whose struggled, Florida who isn't that great and Colorado. They are very good but I wouldn't write them down in stone as being the best team in the league just yet. I'd like to see how they do against the Dodgers, and the AL East before I make a decision who is cut and dry the best. They have pounded a lot of teams though so far other than the Braves.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if it's a level or another bad post, but have u seen the mets SP and bullpen??...it's shaky at times, i wouldn't say best team period...but meh...
Old 04-25-2007, 10:04 AM

The thing about the Mets is that they seem very deep, able to withstand some injuries and likely to amass victories against the second-tier teams consistently. But the question that will remain until October is whether, come playoff time, their top 3 starters will match up with the top 3 starters of their opponents.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's pitching isn't shaky at times?

Best staff ERA in baseball, BTW.

i don't know if it's a level or another bad post, but have u seen the mets SP and bullpen??...it's shaky at times, i wouldn't say best team period...but meh...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-25-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see how they do against the Dodgers, and the AL East before I make a decision who is cut and dry the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, other then the Yankees they don't play the AL East this year. The Mets June schedule is down right ridiculous. I'm going to wait to see how they do during that stretch before I make any decisions.

Diamondbacks x 3
Phillies x 3
@ Tigers x 3
@ Dodgers x 3
@ Yankees x 3
Twins x 3
Athletics x 3
Cardinals x 4
@ Phillies x 4
Old 04-25-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see how they do against the Dodgers, and the AL East before I make a decision who is cut and dry the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, other then the Yankees they don't play the AL East this year. The Mets June schedule is down right ridiculous. I'm going to wait to see how they do during that stretch before I make any decisions.

Diamondbacks x 3
Phillies x 3
@ Tigers x 3
@ Dodgers x 3
@ Yankees x 3
Twins x 3
Athletics x 3
Cardinals x 4
@ Phillies x 4

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops looked at their schedule, saw the Yankees and assumed incorrectly. I know the Mets are good, just not how good yet. They should be favored to have the best record in the NL.