Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 02:50 PM

Default changed my game a bit, running at 17/13/3..okay for 0.25/0.50?

I was playing REALLY lag before, it seemed to be working with massive swings , but now i have calmed down a bit, not always raising hands like 78 in the CO and stuff like that..not always raising an ep limper with Ax in the CO..i do sometimes still do it on the button though..

basically, do you think i am playing too tight now? i saw pokey's survey of VPIP in the faq and it seems 25/10/3 is the norm.

I dont actually use pokertracker since i dont play on my own computer much, so i haven't seen if this is working out for me, i have only been playin like this for a few thousand hands or so...do you think these stats are okay for this limit?
Old 12-23-2006, 03:12 PM

Default Re: changed my game a bit, running at 17/13/3..okay for 0.25/0.50?

Are you playing full ring or 6 max?

That's probably too tight for 6 max but about right for full ring.

I play 6 max at ~24/13/2.5.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:13 PM

I think tight is good at the micros. I play at 25/15/2.5 or something but I could do with tightening up a bit. A lot of the 25 comes from sb quite loosely and from limping in position behind limpers with Q9s and stuff.

So yeah, I think your stats are probably closer than mine to the best exploitive strategy at these levels, although you probably could raise a bit more (17/14 or similar).
Old 12-23-2006, 03:19 PM

You can get away with 15/11 at micros....you just have to know how to fold postflop with your "good" but not great hands.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think tight is good at the micros.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this statement. Think about it, you cant bluff these people at 50nl (some thinking players you can). So there's two limpers in front of you and you hold Axo, I honestly just fold it. If its suited I just limp behind. I still raise PP from everywhere except the SB sometimes I complete w/ lots of limpers. I also dont fire second barrels often, I do on the right boards sometimes. However, I do semibluff a good bit.

IMO there's really no reason to play loose at microstakes. People on 2p2 talk about raising limpers w/ SCs behind limpers, but I've found that people are just as willing to go broke in unraised pots. I am still at the beginning stages of trying this less aggressive style of play out, but so far its working. I'm running at like 18/12/2.5 (kinda nit/tag). Even if you play like a nit at microstakes, you still get action bc no one is paying attention to how you play. Also, people here also talk about open up your 3betting range pf, this concept is highly overrated IMO. Granted I will 3bet the hell out of BTN open raises from the blinds pretty liberally. Other than that its really just AQ+, TT+, but this is oppent specific obv. Don't 3 bet a nit who opens UTG w/ TT. Anyways, these are just some of my thoughts.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:48 PM

All depends which sites you play on. PP you rarely see unraised/no limped in CO/BTN so you pretty much have to play good hands and limp behind ace suited etc. On ub U can play a lot more poker and playing laggy in BTN/CO is the way to go... U rarely stack them with your aa but you get money playing small ball and when u hit with you raised suited crap it will be very hidden and the stackton starts!

-PP play tag.. oh and value betting your tp here is very easy..... they arent smart enough to make u think.
-UB tag in ep.... Raise any hand in co./btn (when table is taggy ofcourse.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:18 PM

preflop means so very little dont worry about getting the "right" pt stats