Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 07:15 AM

Default WARNING: If you are teh gay in Iran, you may want a new address

Guardian Article

[ QUOTE ]
An Iranian-American journalist asked him [Mahmoud Ahmadinejad] to clarify his extraordinary claim on Monday that there were no gay people in Iran, pointing out, "I know a few myself."

"Seriously? I don't know any," the president replied, in apparent surprise. "Give me some addresses so we're able to go to visit them and learn about them."

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be thinking to yourself, "self, this guy is a reporter he won't give my address up," but keep in mind this , from the same press conference, on academics and the press:

[ QUOTE ]
Ahmadinejad was at his most chilling when asked about the current crackdown on academics, journalists and intellectuals in Iran. He denied there was any generalised persecution, but added that eggheads could not be above the law.

Academics "could be involved in an accident", and so would have to go before the courts, he warned. Or, from time to time, "one may be invited by the police to answer some questions".

Most spookily of all, he smiled and said: "Everyone is under surveillance - the surveillance of almighty God."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is meant as a warning to the gays in Iran. If you are an Iranian homosexual, move now!

It does seem that Ahmadinejad may be correct and there are no longer homosexuals in Iran. It seems they are invading Palestine-- where all of the big gay orgies of the Middle East seem to be.

Gay sex rampant in Palestine

[ QUOTE ]
According to one document, entitled "A Large Number of Homosexuals," a number of wealthy and influential figures in the Gaza Strip had formed a "gang" for practicing homosexual intercourse.

"Some of them were summoned for questioning and they admitted to having sexual intercourse with boys and adult males," the document, dated May 12, 2005, stated.

"Some of them had individual sex, while others preferred group sex. Some of them paid money for sex, while others performed sexual intercourse with males in front of their wives."

The sex allegedly took place in hotels, clinics and private homes - in some cases with a picture of Yasser Arafat hanging overhead.

The document described the homosexuals as a "very dangerous group" and warned that the phenomenon might spread to other parts of the Gaza Strip, adding that rival political factions could exploit the case to defame Fatah and "create chaos and confusion."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Re: WARNING: If you are teh gay in Iran, you may want a new address

[ QUOTE ]
"Seriously? I don't know any," the president replied, in apparent surprise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like what president Bush, and a large number of evangelicals, would say! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 08:38 AM

Lol I read 1 reply from Midge and opened the thread specifically to see how he would twist the post to have a go at the US. Midge you do not dissapoint.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol I read 1 reply from Midge and opened the thread specifically to see how he would twist the post to have a go at the US. Midge you do not dissapoint.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may find it laughable, unfortunately a lot of you compatriots would not!

Don't ask don't tell, seems such an accepting policy!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Fascinating

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fascinating....Your diagnosis was spot on.
Perhaps we should make a post on the politics of ancient Greece and see how MidGe can spin that into a anti-USA post.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Fascinating

Don't get me started with the ramifications of American politics and foreign policy on ancient Greece.

Just. Don't.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Fascinating

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me started with the ramifications of American politics and foreign policy on ancient Greece.

Just. Don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody who doesn't already know that the Peloponessian War only went on for 27 years because of US profiteering is an ignorant sheep. Seriously, people.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:18 PM

I'm far from a fan of the Bush administration and there are many aspects of the treatment of gays in the U.S. that are sad and disgusting. But to not realize the extent of the repression that's occuring in Iran today, which has been reported in many liberal U.S. outlets, such as the New York Times, and to compare it to how gays, intellectuals and women are treated in the U.S., is flat out simply wrong.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting how "anti-Bush" or "anti-evangelical" becomes "anti US".
Old 09-28-2007, 02:15 PM

If you live in Iran and moving is an option, just move.
What does being gay have to do with it?