Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Epassporte NIGHTMARE

I really need to know if there is any legal action I can take and/or a governing agency that I can contact to see what my options are. Here is my story:

On April 5th, Epassporte locked my account because my balance exceeded $5,000. To their credit, they did send me a couple of warning internal messages that I eventually read after my account was frozen. I honestly never really paid attention to their internal messages. When they locked my account, they asked for me to email or fax a copy of my ID and credit card used to load my account initially. I promptly faxed these docs in on April 5th.

About a week later, my account is still frozen so I call their 800 number. After waiting on hold for 45 minutes before a human answers, I am told that my docs have been received but "please be patient, it should be approved later this week." Fine, so I wait another WEEK and A HALF and my account is still locked.

During this time, I send about 4 emails to them asking them to resolve this. NO RESPONSE. So on April 22nd, I called their 800 number again. Again, after about 45 minutes of hold time, a guy answers and tells me that they don't have my paperwork. He gives me a different fax number and tells me he will get it and send directly to corporate for me. I do this immediately. I call back the next day and they tell me that they did receive my paperwork, now I have to wait about 3-5 days to get approved (just like back on April 5th).

Now it's April 28th, and my account is still blocked. They continue to ignore my emails. I haven't called back yet but plan on doing that Monday if my account is not unblocked.

Who can I write to that can actually do anything about this? Has anybody here had anything similar happen with epassporte?

MORAL OF THE STORY: DO NOT EVER LET YOUR EPASSPORTE ACCOUNT EXCEED $5,000 AND, IF POSSIBLE, DO NOT EVER USE THEM IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Epassporte NIGHTMARE

cardcounter0 will be along momentarily to say he told you so.

And thnx for making a separate thread instead of using the official one. Every poster deserves the right for their own thread instead of having their pain merged with that of others.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:28 AM

Do not ever do anything with your Epassporte account that requires human intervention. They are incompetent.

Call them right now and ask for a ticket #. In my experience, low level customer support has the freedom to make up any BS excuse they want to delay you. I went through much the same process as you with different customer support people giving me such contradictory answers in regards to hard facts (such as "Does your Fax machine work? Do you have my fax at all?"), that I can only assume they are making it up as they go along.

Don't bother trying to get a manager on the phone. They are "Not available for this type of problem." or "on lunch break. Maybe call back in a few hours". Don't bother with the manager callback they offer you, either. It will never come.

Demand a ticket number. CS may fight you on it. Low level support's role seems to be solely designed to reduce the number of tickets (and REAL CS) given to the 2nd level support people that have a clue. I'm not joking.

Once I got a ticket number (about 5 days or so after my first call) my problems were fixed in the timeline I was given.

Until you have that ticket #, however, they are just sending you in circles hoping that you'll either go away or the problem will fix itself.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't called back yet but plan on doing that Monday if my account is not unblocked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing ever occurs over the weekend at epassporte, so you might as well just plan on calling them Monday, there is no if.

Oh, and calling won't really do any good. Security dept. that has locked your account is not reachable by phone. They might respond to email if you are lucky.

Customer service is useless, which is why I have always advised not using epassporte in the first place.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:30 AM

Wow that was fast.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:34 AM

Closed Thread