Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Full Tilt Live HH\'s / FTCChat

Anyone had success getting a "live" hand history from Full Tilt? (eg. the hand history so-far of a hand in progress)

I'll help out by posting what I know :

There's good info in the chat box, but it's a "FTCChat" custom window and doesn't seem to respond to info. I do see Tilt sending some WM_USER messages to that window but they don't seem to contain the string data.

Full Tilt writes the observed hand histories to your HandHistory folder as .TMP files. Those seem to only get written when the hand is over.

There are a couple of ways that I'm sure will work but I don't want to get into hard core junk if there's some simple "HHF" type of thing for the live hands lying around.

BTW I see the BetPot scripts by actually clicking the "min" and "pot" buttons and reading the amounts from the Edit box. That's clever.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Live HH\'s / FTCChat

Hi Cbloom,

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I see the BetPot scripts by actually clicking the "min" and "pot" buttons and reading the amounts from the Edit box. That's clever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, currently using this method but it is not ideal... currently trying to figure a decent way of trapping the realtime hhf since that is so much more reliable and faster.

If you download one of the older BetPot zip files (all previous versions are on the overcards.com "attachments" section) You can see my alternative method of mouse click/drag/copy of the chat window to get the text - kinda worked for me, but not everyone - and since it poached mouse control for 1/2 a second at times it was a little unnerving.

I left it in there commented out for a while, deleted it in most recent versions since I don't think anyone was using it and it won't work properly on resized tables. Very little required to make it work on resized tables, but the mouse grabbing is unsuitable for multi-tablers I think.

dave.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:18 PM

Ah right, that occurred to me as an option, maybe I'll try that; yeah the mouse grabbing is no good but there are other ways perhaps. Another I wanted to check out was see if they provide Accessibility enumeration.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a couple of ways that I'm sure will work but I don't want to get into hard core junk

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
there are other ways perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you got me thinking now... I'd love to be rid of the button clicking for several reasons:

<ul type="square">[*]Can cause complete client crash if user/timeout causes buttons to disappear while clicking in progress (bad FT client!)[*]Inability to determine amount to call in 3+ handed pots, leading to "best guess" pot sized raise[*]The button names keep changing when FTP updates, so I have to test/edit/upload a new version often[/list]
It's been a while since I did the old FTP hhf grabbing method, must have learnt some new tricks since then...begin experimentation, I suppose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:22 PM

I really wish the sites would just expose an easier way to do add-ons &amp; also a stronger way to prevent bots.

The stuff they're doing now doesn't really stop anyone who's determined (eg. bot writers) but they make it really hard to write fast/reliable/glitch-free add ons.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:53 PM

I tried getting live hand history's out of the FTCChat control a couple of months back and was able to come up with a way of doing it. The downside is it was only really useful for one table since the chat from all the other tables is interspersed. That probably gives a strong clue as to how I did it.

I have some fairly simple sample C code demonstrating it. But I'm not keen on encouraging bots. A bit of a dillemma.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Oh FYI I got it, it's really easy. Actually Tilt is probably the easiest of all sites to hook and really get into the guts of.