Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 02:33 AM

Default brag, beat, or variance? BBV you decide.

Okay so upon losing my whopping $100 roll i proceed to send the following email to stars.

Sent: 2007/06/30 23:26:01
To: support@pokerstars.com
Subject: silver star status
>>since your site is so rigged i was unable to obtain my silver star status for the month. I am only like 100 and something points short and was wondering if someone could just approve it. Since i am now busto because of the riggidness (yeah i know its not a word) i feel that you guys could at least give me silver star status for the month so that i feel that i have at least achieved something. Yadidimean!!?? oh yeah ps my screen name is LegaIRobbery. Yeah thats a capital I not an L cuz someone jacked my name.

They proceed to respond with....

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, bad beats happen. This is a natural part of thegame. No matter what game you play when in, sometimes the worst hand wins. We are not trying to steal your money, as you claim. We have no reason to.We do not collect your money if you happen to lose, another player does.There is really no incentive for PokerStars to increase the size of thepots by manipulating the deal. The rake for every hand is capped at amaximum of $3 (or less, depending on the limit and number of players atthe table).

Our shuffle is completely random, favoring or disfavoring no player over any other. The computerized methods we use to shuffle the deck are more than sufficient to ensure complete randomization of the cards, and complete unpredictability of the cards to come. You can see the description of these methods at:

http://www.pokerstars.com/security.html

In addition, we track all hands dealt daily to see if there is any statistically significant variance.

In fact, we gave the source code to two independent auditors who reviewed our shuffle algorithm and found it sound and random. You may read the analyses of these auditors at:

http://www.pokerstars.com/rng_audit.html

We have dealt over 10,000,000,000 hands, and have freely given out real money hand histories any time somebody has requested them. Not once has anybody found any indication that our shuffle is not 100% random, and many who have undertaken such studies have posted their findings to the Internet. You may find just two of them here:

http://tinyurl.com/32ajma
http://tinyurl.com/2wu99w

As we feel you are a valued player here at Pokerstars, we have upgraded you to SilverStar VIP level.

If you have further questions about this, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Troy
PokerStars Support Team

Okay so when did i ever say they were trying to steal my money. I just stated that it was indeed rigged. So BBV i have chosen to further indulge my quest to see just how perma-on i can get my doom switch by responding with...

Holly [censored]!! No way. I am really playing against other players? I was under the assumption that you guys created 80k bots at different levels just so i can play against them. Well since these are actually other real players i guess there is 100% no way that your site is rigged. I would like to apologize for even having these thoughts come to my mind. I mean after all why would you ever do that. I mean sure it would increase the rake and increase action on the table, but no of course you would never do that. I have one following question for team pokerstars. Does this mean that my doom switch is now perma-on? If not please tell me when you plan on turning on my boom switch. k thanks.

So what it do BBV? Oh yeah i would like to add that i will accept donations to LegaIRobbery if this made you lol. And if you would like to contribute to my test of the legendary doom/boom switch.

Will update once stars respond.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Re: brag, beat, or variance? BBV you decide.

wow not even a tl;dr. this failed miserably.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:24 AM

Shouldve stopped at Regards, Troy
Old 07-01-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay so upon losing my whopping $100 roll

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading here.

OP, kill yourself.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:17 AM

its funny how bored stars support must be that they can reply this in depth to something this pointless.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:27 AM

when was the last time one of these dear stars support, boohoo i suck posts was funny or worth reading?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 AM

In before death
Old 07-01-2007, 08:42 AM

tl;dncaytmfr