Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 10:40 AM

Default Phil Ivey on the Circuit

check it out

decent, his interview isn't as good as chip reese's...but 2 more parts being broadcast later. Phil is a pretty laconic guy. I wouldn't say he's boring, but he's not as articulate or as outgoing as chip or DN.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Phil Ivey on the Circuit

how do i open this file
Old 08-03-2006, 01:50 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

i thought it was pretty good but they ask dumb questions. im just glad they didnt ask about jerome graham and stuff cuz ive heard that like a million times.

i want to know if he ever plays the 200/400nl online.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:02 PM

They really were dumb questions, especially the whole Andy Beal section. They basically wanted Ivey to call him a fish, and he wasn't going to do it.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:31 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

the circuit is entertaining but its so results oriented. basically all gavin smith ever says is 'ooo i play every hand.' 'what does that word mean?'

then sebok is like 'poker is situational blah blah'

scott huff is decent

anyway these are my awesome questions ;0

1. phil do u usually run it twice
2. do u play the 200/400nl on prima?
3. y not play the GSN show?
4. some question about golf and like craziest prop bet

because really all the info about him being like 7 and being hustles by his grandpa is documented and on the internet.

anyway u sure this is a 3 part series? atleast thats pretty cool
Old 08-03-2006, 04:09 PM

best quote "you ever see me play dice? you never see me play dice!"
Old 08-03-2006, 04:37 PM

I enjoyed Phil's honesty about how he's an action junkie. I've read posts where people try to defend or explain away stories of his high stakes dice playing, etc.

"Oh, Phil, don't dump so much money into a -EV thing." "Oh, Phil, maybe he shoots craps for the comps." Oh, maybe he shoots craps to launder his money."

Phil paints a much more humble picture of himself -- he loves to gamble. He's gone bust from gambling in the past, but so be it. He puts in long hours and trys to gamble large and play his best game.

As for Phil on HSP -- are any Full Tilt players on there? I can't think of one off-hand.

I totally agree on Gavin Smith being pretty worthless on the show. I'd also like to hear some prop bet stories and some wild gambling stories.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:42 PM

Jennifer Harmon is a Full Tilt pro I believe.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for Phil on HSP -- are any Full Tilt players on there? I can't think of one off-hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matusow I believe. interesting idea though, especially after Phil said that he only played Monte Carlo for Full Tilt. possibly some contractual thing for HSP.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jennifer Harmon is a Full Tilt pro I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Matusow I believe. interesting idea though, especially after Phil said that he only played Monte Carlo for Full Tilt. possibly some contractual thing for HSP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if every player has the same sorta contract. Matusow plays on FT, but also on several other sites. He doesn't seem too exclusive, no? I don't know much about Harmon and FT either.

A guy like Lederer, for example, seems pretty locked in with FT. I don't think you'd see him sign onto Party or Stars.

I would love to see Ivey on HSP.

He might not be on there for the same reason as a guy like Chip Reese isn't on there. He might figure, what's the point? Neither of those guys seek the spotlight. Both also don't seem too keen on putting their cashgame style under the spotlight of a camera.