Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2007, 03:54 PM

Default A Career in Accounting - Do I keep going?

I've been a Staff Accountant now for 2 years. I've been doing A/R, A/P, entering deposits, making cheques, doing bank recs, helping to prepare year end and monthly statements.

So far, this job has just been one for me to grind out in order to get to gain experience and get to a higher level position. It's not fun, it's not a passion (like poker is for me). I'm only in the accounting industry because I've heard it can lead to higher positions within a company, and because I'm good with numbers (which has helped me with poker)

For anyone in the accounting industry: Are there jobs out there that I can enjoy and make money? Please let me know your experiences. I'm a little lost here, and don't really have anyone to turn to for advice. I'm gonna quit my job very shortly for undisclosed reasons, and I need to find some direction in my life. I'm 30 by the way. I'm en route to pursuing my CGA designation (Canadian) and am wondering if I should continue this.

Any advice helps. Thanks alot guys.