Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:52 PM

Default 50NL: JJ gets 3 bet

Only played a few orbits at the table. Have been playing TAG. The interesting thing about this hand is that I just raised the previous hand and took it down preflop. Seems like guys like to play back if you raise two hands in a row, but I can never tell if I'm getting played back at or if they got it.

I figured this was a great flop, so shoving seemed like the right play.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $19.70
CO: $9.30
BTN: $23.60
SB: $31
BB: $100.70
Hero (UTG): $50.50

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1.75, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $4.50</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2.75, CO calls $2.75

Flop: ($14) 3 7 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $8</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $32.50</font>
Old 11-15-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: 50NL: JJ gets 3 bet

Without any reads on villain it's really hard to tell if this is +EV. What hands are in their 3 bet range? Is villain's 3 bet kind of small given the size of the pot - this could indicate strength?

I think I prefer 4bet-fold pre-flop as opposed to raising big on the flop - seems like a cheaper way to narrow their hand range.

Also, when you raise the flop you still have 1 player to act behind you, there is a good chance that at least 1 of them is ahead of you.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without any reads on villain it's really hard to tell if this is +EV. What hands are in their 3 bet range? Is villain's 3 bet kind of small given the size of the pot - this could indicate strength?

I think I prefer 4bet-fold pre-flop as opposed to raising big on the flop - seems like a cheaper way to narrow their hand range.

Also, when you raise the flop you still have 1 player to act behind you, there is a good chance that at least 1 of them is ahead of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't 4 bet/fold because of villains stack size. And, I'm not worried about the CO because he only has $5 left.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:09 AM

Raising / Calling this flop seems pretty high variance imo.

I can convince myself to call this pfr knowing I have to get his stack to make setmining +EV.

Sure, he could well be doing this with AK (maybe AQ) which you are ahead of but not killing, but you're giving him screads of value playing this way when he does have QQ+. The problem is that AK folds = you get $22; QQ+ doesn't = he gets $46.50 unless you hit your 2 outer.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't 4 bet/fold because of villains stack size.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are correct, sorry, I misread the hand.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:53 AM

Check / call to river is better. Bet river if checked to.

Like the previous poster said, you fold out worse hands with such a large raise on a dry board. The only good thing about the raise (other than making him pay to hit an A or K) is that is looks suspicious and may get called with AK.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:45 AM

If you read hem right and he's range is A/Q+,8's+,set-you have better +EV when u shove this flop

If not ,and he do it only with pp's,than this is allmost same +ev for your shove or call on this flop(but if you take in to account CO,i htink shove is better option here 2)