Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Will PLO8 ever explode on stars.

I remember playing on party and could 12 table the 25, 50, and 100 games together. The games were easy and you were sure you were going to be up a couple buyins at the end of the night, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. On stars the only game that is as profitable are the NL games but even still get nitty. I think I'm an OK LAG but the 200-600 games aren't that profitable even for good but not great players. the 100-200 do have some donators occasionally but you can count on 2-3 good multitablers right next to you waiting for the right hand which is what you are doing. I just hope that soon their will be enough players when party wasn't banned.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Will PLO8 ever explode on stars.

I'm starting to wonder that myself...but I think what has happened is that some of the party players have spread out evenly among Stars, FTP, and UB... mostly to FTP, an UB for rakeback reasons....

PLO8 $100 last night went well from 8pm-10pm (EST)....then after 10pm everyone started to fold to the "blinds"...pot size avg. around $5 or so....right there I called it night

hmmmmmmm
Old 11-26-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will PLO8 ever explode on stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been finding in insane amount of action on stars lately, so i hardly even bother with FT. When I start up new tables, they always fill in quickly. Sometimes it attracts the biggest fish, sometimes the winningest PLO8 players. Que Cera Cera.

feel free to join me whenever you want, i'll reserve you a seat.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:47 PM

I played the limit 10/20 and 15/30 tables on Party and the Stars tables blow compared to them BIG time. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I am now officially addicted to 2-7 triple draw lowball and rarely play the O8 games anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2006, 09:00 PM

Stars is a rock garden for PLO8, dave breal makes money because after a little bit, people go insane and tilt because it's so tight and nitty, but since he is a gigantic universal nit himself, it never gets to him.

(This is a joke, mostly... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
Old 11-28-2006, 09:17 PM

so is tilt less of a rock garden in plo/plo8?
Old 11-28-2006, 09:32 PM

I used to play all the time in the Stars games. Usually between 50-200 PL and NL sometimes a little higher when they ran. In the last few months I feel like the game has really dried up on Stars. I see the same 6-7 guys on every damn table these days. The games are still profitable, but not nearly as profitable as the regular PLO games, IMO.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:23 PM

Play NLO8 then if you can adjust. Plenty of action there.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars is a rock garden for PLO8, dave breal makes money because after a little bit, people go insane and tilt because it's so tight and nitty, but since he is a gigantic universal nit himself, it never gets to him.

(This is a joke, mostly... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I nearly puked a little by what he stacked off with to me recently. The "good" players still make mistakes and nits can be taken advantage of(although it is hard to make a big score off a nit).
Old 11-29-2006, 04:47 PM

It's impressive how tight the play is on Stars even at the $25 PLO8 tables. You have to go all the way down to .05/.10 to see more than 50% to the flop. I think there are probably some players from poor countries that grind out a living at those tables - there's a dude from Kiev (screenname <OSKARBET> IIRC) that I see multitabling there all the time...