Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 10:31 PM

Default My George Allen 08 Predicitions

Looked to have been premature.

I saw the footage of him calling that kid Macacca today and then read all the spin coming out of his camp (mahawk + sh*thead being my favorite) and I have to say this is one of better self implosionans I've seen in awhile. Pretty awesome stuff in terms of outlandishness.

Perhaps he will still win but McCain + Guilani have to be Loving and laughing at this.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:36 PM

Default Re: My George Allen 08 Predicitions

McCain might be laughing but i dont think he has any real shot of winning in 08. The best bet for republicans is Huckabee or Guliani. Romney is possible as well. If Allen doesnt get the nom, Huckabee is almost certainly a lock, the rest are either too "Liberal" ie. Romney, Pataki, Guliani or have issues with the base McCain. Its either Allen or Huckabee and i think Allen just handed the ball off. Which might open the door for Frist as well.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:46 PM

[censored],

Do you remember this thread and our prop bet that went along with it? If you don't recall, in July of 2005, I gave you 5 to 1 on the top ten candidates you said were most likely to capture the nomination in both parties in '08. Here was my rationale for taking such a bet. I still stand by it:

Me: "[censored] and I have been PMing each other; he asked me whether or not I thought the 10 candidates he listed were the most likely; I think, for the most part, they are. Despite that, here's why I still think I'm getting the better end of the bet...

...My point is that, given the amount of time between now and 2008, ruling anyone out seems to be a serious error. Imagine all of the outside events that could have a huge influence on ’08 – scandals, another war, another terrorist attack, a surprise candidate (Dick Cheney?) – that could derail one or more of the candidates that are favored now. I freely admit that the 10 you named (particularly Clinton, McCain, Giuliani, and Allen) are clearly the front-runners. But it’s a long long long time between now and then, and I’ll take my chances that there’s a lot of political chaos yet to happen."
Old 08-16-2006, 10:59 PM

In terms of the bet im worried the most about Al Gore. He seems to have undone a lot of damage
Old 08-16-2006, 11:06 PM

censored is a thread you made your predictions in? Or was it all just represented in that thread?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:38 PM

Republican picks have me worried but I still feel good overall

definently regret not including Romney
Old 08-17-2006, 01:30 AM

The stories this guy's own family is telling should sink him right off the bat -

his own sister says he became a dentist to get paid to make people suffer - that's family love. - sounds like he's reaping what he's sowed in the past - cool.

RB
Old 08-17-2006, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The stories this guy's own family is telling should sink him right off the bat -

his own sister says he became a dentist to get paid to make people suffer - that's family love. - sounds like he's reaping what he's sowed in the past - cool.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy does seem like a real Son of a Bitch, based on those stories from his sister.

I like what Rob Cordrry of the Daily Show had to say about it:

While many feel the remark was racist, it's still uncertain whether that will hurt him or help him in Virginia.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:06 AM

I like George Allen and thought he had a good shot at the Republican nomination. However, like you, I found it highly amusing the way the whole thing went down. I was laughing when I was reading the stories about what happened and then found myself in tears when reading the Allen spin on the whole thing. I really dont think Allen made the comment in a mean spirited sense, but someone on a right leaning blog said it best when they said that it certainly doesnt bode well for his ability to think on his feet.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:14 AM

Here is a picture of the kid. Can you see the Mohawk?
Allen should be laughed right out of office for coming up with such a bad excuse.