Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Tricky reraised pot situation

At this point I had no reads on this guy. He had just arrived at my table. He went on to 4-bet me twice in the following 15-20 minutes. At first the fact that he 3-bet my utg raise with two callers seemed very strong, but I called nonetheless. I know that if I put him on AA-KK, I don't have odds to setmine. Basically it's a fold if that's the exact range I put him on, right? Anyway, as played, is this a standard fold on the flop here? I've been having a very difficult time lately in spots like this lately with JJ and QQ on low flops against unknown players, so any insight on this hand and others like it are much appreciated.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $22.55
BB: $65.80
Hero (UTG): $25.15
MP: $6.60
CO: $73.70
BTN: $37.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, MP calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $4.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($10.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6.00</font>, Hero...?

Pot Size: $16.25 ($0.50 Rake)

edit: i stoved QQ vs AA,KK,AKdd (worst case AK scenario), and I'm a 57-43 underdog on this flop against this tight range
Old 07-30-2007, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Tricky reraised pot situation

How have you reacted to his 4 bets in the past? If you have had a tendency for playing weak against him, this is a push IMO.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:41 AM

Well, TT-JJ are definitely in his range, as is AKs,AKo, definitely call this flop bet.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, TT-JJ are definitely in his range, as is AKs,AKo, definitely call this flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling is the worst option and should not be considered.

Push&gt;Fold&gt;Call
Old 07-30-2007, 06:55 AM

iīm trying to find out when itīs right to do the minraising stuff... wouldnīt this be a good play here?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:10 PM

This was the first hand I had played against him, so he hadn't 4-bet me yet at this point. It was after this hand he started that.

Also, a minraise is out of the question. I don't think it's a good idea in reraised pots. Comments on that?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
 is offline

Against a loose player I 4bet preflop. If he has been 3betting light, the way played I CR all in. He will be betting this flop with TT,JJ,AK,AQs,KK,AA.

Also, the problem is that we have no reads. What is the image he has of you ?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:35 PM

i personally love a min-raise, then shove turn to nonscary card... if he has 4-bet twice, we can instantly put him on a wider hand range then kk and aa, unless he got really lucky in the past 15 minutes... with no reads its a hard play but i gotta think we're ahead-- that 6 dollar CB could mean anything so i think a minraise followed by a push on turn is good like monkover said-- anyone agree? if he comes back over the top vs our minraise we can ditch it there
Old 07-30-2007, 02:46 PM

I can't minraise/fold. Only $10 behind and the pot is ~$40 if I take that line. Again, we had no history as this was the first time we tangled. Every time we tangled AFTER this, he 3 bet and 4 bet me
Old 08-01-2007, 08:06 AM

I don't like minraising here, especially if we're folding to a push. He could easily push with AK diamonds or AQ diamonds and then folding for our last $8 in a $50 pot would be a huge mistake. I think a push here is best.