Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Shout out for lurkers, passing visitors and n00bs

It's come to my attention, we have quite a few lurkers visit here without posting, and I just wanted to say:

WELCOME!

Why not say 'Hi' back and let us know you're there? Tell us about yourself maybe.

I'd also like you to encourage you to maybe post here and see how it goes.

We don't bite.
Hard.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Shout out for lurkers, passing visitors and n00bs

word
Old 03-21-2007, 10:23 AM

Hey there!
I consider myself a lurker with a grand total of 32 posts prior to this one.
I'm 42, married with 2 kids(5 and 4) and have been playing poker online for 3 years as a hobby only. A heavy poker playing week for me is 6 to 10 hours a week, mostly $10NL and low buy in sng's (All the regulars here are now laughing at this- [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ). My wife and kids are a lot more important.
I do take my hobby seriously though. I'm constantly reading and trying to improve my game and keep records and such (my wife laughs at this, but doesn't complain when I show her the little bit of money I'm making doing my "hobby").

I love movies, history-especially WWII, and music(Jazz). I always take a look at The Lounge for the movie reviews, book reviews, and music reviews. I kinda stumbled upon the lounge, early last year, accidently and have always been taking a look ever since.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome!
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2007, 11:43 AM

Hello:

Although I have been posting/reading these forums since 2001, I am pretty much a drifter. My gimmick accounts are pretty well known, much moreso than myself - Ice Man, Bump-en-Stein, Brown Thumb, etc. I no longer use them. As myself, my best contribution may be this: Baseball Mitt

Currently, I am pondering why some posters do the "in before lock post"; or the "just want to post in an epic thread" etc. I am troubled that it bothers me, but it does. I also am not a big fan of the "TLDR" If the post is too long for "you" to read, it probably is not designed to attract "your" answer. There is no point in telling the OP, "TLDR, but my comments are thus ..." If you cannot be bothered to read the post, don't comment. Similarly, I don't like the "cliff notes?" posts. Again, if the post is too long for you, and you have the attention span of a flea, then the post is not soliciting your comments. Further, asking for cliffs notes and then getting an appropriate response takes longer than just reading the post.

Anyhow, that is why I enjoy this forum and similar ones that encourage deeper discussion. I don't usually have much to add, but in the spirit of the OP, I just want to let you know I enjoy your posts and intelligent discussions. Of all the forums, I think the Lounge is the most interesting and provides the most quality relative to the subject matter (movies, entertainment, life experiences).

So, hello! and thank you for sharing your time and thoughts with us lurkers.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:41 PM

Hello Sharkbitten and Oski. Glad you guys posted in this thread. That's very cool.

Hope we see you posting more in the near future. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2007, 12:51 PM

being as ego-centric as I am, I am now wondering what all these lurkers think about something very important: namely, me.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
being as ego-centric as I am, I am now wondering what all these lurkers think about something very important: namely, me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully they have seen your great threads. I can attest to the fact that you write really well!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 PM

The Lounge is the motherly embrace you run towards when escaping the drunken, abusive father that is OOT. Lurkers, speak your minds...the worse you'll get is a "That's nice, honey, now run fetch momma her cigarettes."
Old 03-21-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

ditto for me.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always enjoyed reading your posts/threads Dominic. All throughout 2p2 I come across one of your responses and I tend to highly agree w/ you a lot. So props 2 you and I'll continue to read/lurk/post or w/e.

Also Katy, its always refreshing to read one of your posts/responses. I really dig how open-minded you are about a lot of different subjects and interests while still keeping your own opinion. I really appreciate honesty.

I've known about 2p2 for a long time way before I registered to start posting. For a few years now, someone or something would reference a thread going on @ 2p2 and I would go check it out but never got up the nerve to actually start posting. Then something really got @ me that I wanted to voice my opinion about then out pours the keystrokes LOL.