Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 PM

Default the $2 Sat on PS to the sunday hundred grand?

I was just scanning the forums and saw in a post somebody mentioned a good way to build bankroll if you're very low (which I am after cashing out, now I decided I wanna play again) is toplay teh $2.20 satellites to the sunday hundred grand and convert into T$ if you win. Is this still viable, it looks like 1 out of every 5 1/2 people that register qualify so what do you think an average player's chances are of qualifying?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: the $2 Sat on PS to the sunday hundred grand?

Its $2.20 to win T10. 20% score. An average player will lose 20cents in rake per trial :>

These types of satellites exhibit some of the worst play. Why? Because for one thing, players start relatively deep stacks. Most all players exhibit their worst play deep stacked. Most tournament players are far better with shorter stacks. Most cash players are good at deep stack and then fail at basic elements of medium stack as the seat bubble approaches. My point here is simply that deep stack play is a bigger percentage of the overall tournament, since we are not playing down to the final table or whatever. We eliminate players until the top fifth remain. You can generally win a seat with simply doubling up twice and folding to your chair. You speculate with hands that can make monsters, make a monster or monster draw, and have TPMK go all in with you. Double up twice, fold into seat. Not that hard a concept.

The biggest flaw in play? Ridiculous horendous mistakes at the seat bubbles, or going from 30% down to 20%. If two players stab at a pot in front of you, the gap becomes immense. Players that pay attention are watching the bubble rate, making accurate determinations when they can "fold" into the seat, and know at what point they need to steal one or two more times before they can fold in. They dont stick it all in as a slight favorite looking to double up. They also abuse the tighter players, and players with stacks so big they can fold in. We steal their blinds enough to guarantee our own seat.