Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Early position loose aggressive opens 3bb. Do you....
...call? 18 39.13%
...fold? 28 60.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2007, 06:40 PM

Default U.S. Economy Never Looked Better!!

The salary of the median income worker is now less than those of 40 yrs ago, after adjusting for inflation. Reported by CNN today.

The National Debt is 8.82 Trillion and increasing by 3.88 million every three minutes, of which, 30% goes to pay for national defense & 19% goes to pay interest on our debt.
See: http://zfacts.com/p/461.html

Social Security's surplus is 2.1 Trillion! Unfortunately, it's been "borrowed" to fuel the National Debt.

This site: http://zfacts.com/p/318.html will show you how every president, since WWII, has decreased the National Debt as a percentage of GDP, except Reagan, Bush & his daddy.

Yes Sir! We're rockin!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: U.S. Economy Never Looked Better!!

[ QUOTE ]
The salary of the median income worker is now less than those of 40 yrs ago, after adjusting for inflation. Reported by CNN today.

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless, I'd say the average median income worker today enjoys more real wealth then the average median income worker did 40 years ago.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless, I'd say the average median income worker today enjoys more real wealth then the average median income worker did 40 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]
As does my kitty cat! Why kitty cats 40 years ago had to make do with just leftover balls of yarn. Now they get the latest in high tech faux mousies (which really pisses me off when I pick up a real dead mouse thinking its on of their toys)
Old 05-29-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As does my kitty cat! Why kitty cats 40 years ago had to make do with just leftover balls of yarn. Now they get the latest in high tech faux mousies (which really pisses me off when I pick up a real dead mouse thinking its on of their toys)

[/ QUOTE ]
umm, ok
Old 05-29-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how those two things can both be true.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Didn't time just release an article about todays generation of men making less than what their fathers did?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: Shake is doing fine so everyone must be doing fine, too.

Shake, care to enlighten us to how real wealth is up when real income is down?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
umm, ok

[/ QUOTE ]

His post has no less evidence or supporting rationale than yours.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

umm, ok

His post has no less evidence or supporting rationale than yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think bremen was referencing the fact that in 1970 there were no home computers and dvds and stuff. Maybe that's what shakalulu meant when he said that more wealth today, people have better toys. Unfortunately for shakalulu he might not be aware that inflation adjustments take into account things like that. probably if it werent for increased productivity and tech. gains and stuff you would see a very much more steep dropoff in standard of living.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: Shake is doing fine so everyone must be doing fine, too.

Shake, care to enlighten us to how real wealth is up when real income is down?

[/ QUOTE ]
Simple. You're defintion of "real income" is insuffecient. The market has done what the market has always done. Lowered prices. More people have cars, more people have computers, etc.

Amount of dollars adjusted for government inflation is not the only way to value a dollar. The competition aspect of capitalism has continued to make things more cost effecient.