Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2007, 02:39 PM

Default AK out of the SB against a raise and 2 callers

This came up in a $10 home tourney. We play a lot together so I know the players pretty well. We're about the 3rd hand in with 25-50 blinds and 4000 stacks around. Someone in middle position makes it 175(3.5BBs) to go. Gets called in 2 spots and it's around to me in the SB with AKo.

Raiser: A very loose somewhat crazy player, tends to go boom or get a big stack and be a problem. He's raising a very wide range here.
Caller #1: I know he doesn't have a big hand, he would have reraised. Pretty tight though, but will be aggressive if he hits it.
Caller #2: Slowplay king. You never really know where you stand with him because he is willing to slow play anything. He will do a lot of calling and folding though.
SB: Me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
BB: Unpredictable... just plain bad. Never quite sure what he will do.

Play options:
Fold Probably not, too good of a hand.
Call If I call the BB will probably call and we'll see a flop with 17.5BBs in it. I'll be playing OOP, though in position against the raiser. I don't really like it. I really won't know where I stand in a pot that can be 2-3 bets more.
Raise to 1000 This will better define my hand, but I can't get away from a reshove from the raiser. If he flat calls and we see the flop heads up it would be 48BBs in the pot and 60BBs in our stacks. A bad spot to play AKo OOP in.
Shove all-in Here we're going after 600 or %15 of our stack trying to fold people out. This solves the negative implied odds and the problems of playing OOP post flop. Is it over the top?